For those who eat breakfast...

Options
Zipp237
Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
Do you eat breakfast foods or just whatever the heck you feel like eating?

I go half and half. Today it was breakfasty, Cheerios and eggs. Yesterday, turkey and veggies.

Sometimes I feel a bit like I'm cheating at breakfast. Any other breakfast cheaters?

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I don't eat much before 11 am because when I want breakfast, I want an actual meal (500+ calories) and I don't like using up the bulk of my calories with breakfast and lunch. Last few weeks it's been hot chocolate and something like a rice cake or granola/Fibre 1 bar. Today I had apple cinnamon Cheerios to use up the last of the milk. As for food types, I would eat whatever. Cold pizza is always a good first meal.
  • teatumbles
    teatumbles Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually have a smoothie or large fruit bowl. 300-500 calories on average
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I do breakfast foods for breakfast, but they can be sweet out savory.

Breakfast can also be other meals of the day, but lunch or dinner cannot be breakfast.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Either breakfast foods or a Quest bar
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I personally love eggs, and I eat them every morning alongside a whole wheat English muffin with a tablespoon of peanut butter. I say eat anything you want that has plenty of nutrients. It can be actual breakfast food or not, doesn't matter. Sometimes leftovers really do make the best breakfast. Some kind of protein source is highly recommended.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Mostly bacon and eggs. Occasionally an apple with peanut butter. But those meals are interchangeable for other times too.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i switch it up.. if i have leftovers that i love i will eat it for breakfast. Also we are on a later schedule so our first meal is around 12pm. Sometimes i make breakfast or sometimes we go get lunch foods. I do love an egg scramble with potatoes breakfast sausage avocado and salsa though. Or eggs benny.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I eat it very late morning, and mostly Greek yogurt, cheese, and fruit.
  • JKI19
    JKI19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've had brisket and potato salad for breakfast, cheesecake for lunch, and a plate of bacon and eggs for dinner more than a few times.. #rebel

• pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    During the week, breakfast is almost always eggs, a bread/muffin high in fiber, and some kind of breakfast meat ( bacon, sausage, ham/spam ).

On the weekends, since I tend to eat my 1st meal later in the day ( gym weigh in on sat mornings, sun is my sleep in day ... ), it could be anything.

The point of breakfast is to get a good balanced nutritional start to the day.

And, just for the record ... what is considered "breakfasty" depends on your geographical region. A Denny's Big Slam ( TAD ) type spread isn't the norm for most of the world.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whatever I feel like eating. It's often breakfast food anyway though!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Depends on what last night's dinner was and if I have leftovers. I try not to limit my meals based off if they're "breakfast-y" or "dinner-y" enough; it's just one more restriction that makes things more complicated than they have to be. Eat what, and when, you want!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The heck I eat for breakfast is breakfast food.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I enjoy 2 egg whites with a protein shake of 2 scoops of whey isolate protein and 1 cup of almond milk. (including 10 oz of coffee and/or 2 turkey sausage/or bacon~ time allowing)
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Mostl breakfast foods for breakfast, unless there's leftover pizza. Cause everyone knows there's almost nothing better tasting than cold pizza for breakfast.

I will also eat "breakfast" at lunch and dinner, depending on my mood :)
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I usually go with a 3 egg omelette, 40g of full fat cheese coked in a table spoon of coconut oil. I'll usually throw some kale or tomatoes in too. I'll have a cream laden coffee too. It's around 700 Cals I think.
  • papple227
    papple227 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had a grilled cheese for breakfast this morning. Usually I prefer lunch type foods in the morning like a turkey sandwich and chips or soup. My husband loves breakfast food so I usually make eggs, toast, and fruit in the mornings unless he's away for work, then I go back to happily eating my sandwiches for breakfast.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I usually just stick to half an English Muffin, an egg, some bacon fat, and some veggies. It's quick and enjoyable.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast foods. For the past 3 weeks my go to breakfast has been Cheerios with almond milk, a banana bread English muffin (pure deliciousness!) with butter and sometimes yogurt. I can't eat eggs early in the morning shortly after waking up. They just aren't appealing and I have to force them down.
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm.... breakfast. I do go with whatever intuitively sounds tasty and call it breakfast. Today was peanut butter on wheat toast. The other day was 1/2 bean & cheese burrito (weird craving). Some days it's veggie hash (potatoes, kale, carrots). I love breakfast and will gladly use the bulk of calories for it ending with a salad for dinner.