Hello! I am new, and thought I would post (with questions)

Options
Hello everyone!

What made metry this website was remembering when I was in high school they made us do a similar website where you track your food and exercise. Back then I thought it was stupid but now that I am older I think it's a brilliant idea. I did some searching and found myfitnesspal. I am a 24 year old female. I am 5'5 for my height. I am currently 157 pounds and I would like to loose 32 pounds to get down to 125 pounds. I I also would like to tone my body ( I swear it seems I have no strength in my arms) I would love any advice people have. Please feel free to take a look at my progress and tell me how I am doing ( let me know if I need to change the settings on my profile) I have been trying to do research online trying to figure out good ways to exercise and how many calories I should cut. With that I have a few questions

1) I have looked up how to cut calories and I have figured out my BMR is 1629. My question is how many calories less do I need to eat in order to loss weight but not go into starvation mode?

2) I am wondering how accurate MyFitnesssPal is in counting the calories from when I exercise. Taking doing jumping jacks. for one minute it saids I have only burned 10 calories.....say what! Maybe I'm not entering it right?

I think that's all the questions I have for now. I hope to see everyone around. :)

Replies

• sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    hello, welcome to my fitness pal!
    As for the first question, I have heard that it is BMR-20% and I have no idea how you would subtract 20% from it. I have no idea about the second question.