I'm back : Add me

martamadness
martamadness Posts: 10 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I'm Marta and I'm definitely not new to this app. In the past, I've used it to lose about 30-35 pounds. Unfortunately I've gained it all back in a span of 2 years. I've made so many excuses for my bad eating habits and lack of exercise. I didn't really truly realize how uncomfortable I was in my own skin until last night. I went to the pool with some friends and I had a hard time taking off my coverup because I was nervous and ashamed of my body. I've also noticed my lack Of confidence, and change in attitude. Even when we were all laughing and having a good time, I kept fixing my swim suite, or folding my legs or putting my arms around my middle. This behavior has become second nature to me and it's exhausting. So TODAY I'm taking control of my own life and body. I'm starting a lifestyle change for ME. Being mindful of what I eat and incorporating exercise as part of my daily routine rather than making it a chore.

I would love some encouragement and support because I know it won't all be fun.
Add me as your friend and I can also give you encouragement and support. We can do this together

Replies

• Seven_K
    Seven_K Posts: 6 Member
    Great post Marta! One of the best parts is your honesty about your own mental blocks. The best way to conquer that is to do this for YOU. And you've realized that. It's awesome you don't feel the need to impress anyone now. Now you can tear it up.

I'm making adjustments myself. If you need honest support thru your journey, let me know.