Best supplements for building lean muscle?

Options
Everyone knows about protein, but what else really helps with building lean muscle? I haven't tried creatine, but I hear good thing about it. What else would be helpful for a woman with these goals, with limited side effects?

Replies

• chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You could suplement some cardio with weight training B) ...but thinking you're on the right track with creatine
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    building muscle takes a surplus of calories,not just protein and supplements and heavy lifting.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if there's anything other than protein you require for this but if you have access to a nutritionist, you could try making an appointment to fine tune your intake to match your fitness goals.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    dietitian would be better,since they have to go through more(they learn more) to be licensed than a nutritionist does.
  • dbcolosky
    dbcolosky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been creatine loading for the past week. I start the ripped body beast plan next week. I will be taking N.O. Fury as a pre workout supplement on lifting days. I will definitely let you know what works and what doesn't
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    dbcolosky wrote: »
    I've been creatine loading for the past week. I start the ripped body beast plan next week. I will be taking N.O. Fury as a pre workout supplement on lifting days. I will definitely let you know what works and what doesn't

what works for one may not work for another. which is why there are so many products out there.