Hello, everyone. :D

Options
zainabanwer
zainabanwer Posts: 25 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys, how much do you think an 18 year old (female, 5'4) should weigh?

I want your personal opinions, apart from what the BMI says. :smile:

Oh! also, I'm new, so hi

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Why would our opinion matter?
  • swimfan10003000
    swimfan10003000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just be healthy and eat right . Don't worry about the body shape . .Get your numbers under control that's all. Be able to do all the things you should at your age. BE HEALTHY!
  • zainabanwer
    zainabanwer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Why would our opinion matter?

Cause, i'm curious.
  • bvttercvp
    bvttercvp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That really depends on your body type/lifestyle/eating habits. There isn't a specific number for that height. Although I do disagree with BMI some of the time, the weight range it establishes for a certain height seems to be pretty accurate. The only person's opinion that matters is your own (and maybe your doctor's). Stay healthy, girl!
  • cprovenghi
    cprovenghi Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy and exercise regularly and it will work out. If you are losing body fat and gaining muscle then you are on the right track.
  • manofsteel808
    manofsteel808 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm that's hard to answer. But whatever you do I wish you all the best
  • Elcubiche
    Elcubiche Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Loosing body fat, gaining muscles and been healthy should be goal
  • moneycrazy2015
    moneycrazy2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    120-125
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Hello Zaina, just my opinion but I believe the weight to be less important than how you look and feel. Saying that, you could easily be anywhere from low 100's to mid 130's depending on muscle and frame. If you are trying to lose weight and tone up you may not lose much weight at all, in fact you may put some one. My own experience is that I would lose some then put some back on, but luckily I was measuring myself and because of that I could tell I was putting on muscle. Also, my clothes were getting looser, that's a great thing.
    I say all that to say this, it is vital especially for a young woman like yourself to have a good and healthy self image and self-esteem. Don't sweat the scale, eat healthy, eat the calories that your body needs and exercise to get fit.
    Good luck.
    V/r,
    DW.