Plastic Surgery?

Options
I've gained and lost the same 100 pounds over and over again. Now I'm looking at skin that I know cannot be tightened up no matter how much I work on it. Have any of you had a tummy tuck and what are the pros and cons?

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Had one in 2010.
    Pros - flat stomach, you can get abs easily, gives you incentive to stay healthy eat right exercise etc
    Cons - painful (but worth it) expensive (also worth it) if you gain weight it goes other places but you'll look better because your belly is still pretty flat.
    I have no regrets. I gained back 44 pounds since that surgery, lost 22, but my belly is flat. When I hit my goal I will look amazing. It gives me something to look forward to.
  • bvttercvp
    bvttercvp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    darlswife wrote: »
    Had one in 2010.
    Pros - flat stomach, you can get abs easily, gives you incentive to stay healthy eat right exercise etc
    Cons - painful (but worth it) expensive (also worth it) if you gain weight it goes other places but you'll look better because your belly is still pretty flat.
    I have no regrets. I gained back 44 pounds since that surgery, lost 22, but my belly is flat. When I hit my goal I will look amazing. It gives me something to look forward to.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your recovery like?

• Shells918
    Options
    2 weeks out of work, sleeping sitting up. I'm not gonna lie, it really hurt and I couldn't stand up straight for at least a month. I had drains hanging out of me for those first 2 weeks, painkillers, couldn't drive. I have a hip to hip scar that is truly barely noticeable now. I had a fabulous surgeon. I interviewed 3. It pays to be picky. Check out Realself.com there are tons of pictures and dr's on there plus people's stories. It's a great resource.
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've already interviewed 2 and I've picked the one I want. I've had referrals to him by ex patients that say he does amazing work. I'd like to have the full mommy makeover but I'm just going to start with this gross stomach. Thanks for your input and story. WHEN I win the powerball tonight, I'll schedule the whole shibang!!
  • Shells918
    Options
    Your welcome!
    You won't see the full results for a couple of months due to swelling. But when you do, you will cry. At least I did. Good luck. Let me know how it goes!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Wow - you must be excited! Good luck...post some pictures?
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    oh my dream :) good luck!
  • Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I lost 100 lbs 10 years ago as a teenager. My weight fluctuates but I've never gained more than 60 pounds of those ( pregnancies and such )
    I made a few appointments for setting up a surgery, but I took a long look at myself and talked into the mirror as to WHY I wanted to do it. It all added up to vanity, long story short. Instead I put the money I had saved for the surgery to leave a bad relationship, a down-payment to buy my first house and go on my VERY first vacation. I gave myself experiences I wouldn't have the opportunity to do if I had my surgery.
    I must admit, from time to time I still look for ways to save up more money for a tummy tuck, etc.. but then I realize life isn't about my body, but my mind and health :)
    I KNOW for certain if I had the surgery for my loose tummy skin, I'd keep reflecting on other things I'm not happy with about my body ( Nose, *kitten*, and teeth ) and really! No one who cares about that stuff, would I ever want in my life :smiley:
    Still, I know it's your decision for your own reasons. I very much hope you find peace in whatever way you lead it

:)
  • mrsleilanieb
    mrsleilanieb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am set to have a tummy tuck and breast augmentation on June 28th and I'm very nervous but so looking forward to getting rid of my gut and baby pouch!