What makes you get up in the morning?

Options
2»

Replies

• girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    The real things. Work. And I realize if I don't go to work I'll get fired...while my job isn't my favorite thing to do everyday it's WAY better than being unemployed and starving (I've been there too many times) lol.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I'll drink alcohol at some point
  • hmark159
    hmark159 Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I set an alarm for 5:15am with an inspirational message on it such as "get out of bed, you lazy *kitten*" while the Rocky theme plays. And then I go to the gym. It works most days.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Somebody actually uses the block option? Lol I thought they don't let kids in here

It's because they do that we have to use it!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What makes me get up in the morning? The fact that I am able to!

When the kids are gone, you get to do a whole lot of things that you cannot do now , but until then, it may not be a cake walk, but you got to love the process to make sure your kids grow strong (mentally and physcially), they are a smart as they can be and when they leave the nest, they are ready to.

Now is the time to spend all the time with your kids! You cannot make up time later on.

It is now quiet in my home now that the kids are grown (and gone and yeah I do celebrate that now).. I get run first thing in the a.m. and lift later. I work part time at home, I love video games and taking naps. I could have done these things when they were home, I chose not to take the best care of my self when they were home, now I get to..

I think it is just part of putting others before myself.

OP why so gloomy?
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    First off, did you get a picture with him!!!!??? Use that as your profile! Also, I have two cats. Minion will jump up on the bed, walk on my leg, up on my torso (generally stepping on my bladder) and head butt me and PURR loudly as a reminder that it has been 8 or so hours since he has been pet and that is *kitten*.

As for getting through the day, what are your hobbies? Sewing, reading, scrapbooking, painting, gardening, embroidery? I look forward to being able to design and sew a new quilt, or reading a new book from a favorite author or find and try a new recipe from around the world.

Any charities in your area that you are interested in? SPCA's always need more dog walkers or cat cuddlers. I also do a lot with my church, and it's missions. Operation Christmas Child is a good one to get involved with because I can hand make dolls, stuffed toys, and stuffed balls. Is that an option for you?

Being an introvert, the SPCA may be a good option since you just get the animal and don't have to spend a ton of time with people.

I'm a big list person, so once you decide what to do that day make a list so you can cross of each item. My list for today after work is -vacuum, -litter, - grocery shopping, -do laundry, - Christmas quilt, - money from atm. It's so satisfying to have every item crossed off!