teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    1 scoop Vanilla whey protein powder
    1 cup orange juice
    Water
    Some fresh blueberries

Mix everything but the blue berries
    Get your popsicle molds 6 is good
    Start with dropping a few blueberries in as many as you want, then pour the mixture and freeze

Blueberry orange creamcycle and heigh in protein too
  • cathbern2006
    cathbern2006 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Homemade "Nice Cream" : Take 1-2 frozen bananas, with hand blender combine with 1/2-3/4 c soy/almond milk and 1 tbsp of agave or maple syrup. Add 2 tsp cocoa powder and it tastes just like a Wendy's Frosty!!!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    My go to ice cream is this: I take two skinny cow chocolate truffle ice cream bars off the stick just slightly melted. I add a serving of crumbled up teddy grahms. Around 300 calories. Yummy!
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I simply buy fudge bars or ice cream sandwiches. Fairly low in calories, and it makes portion control easy. Otherwise, I'll sit and eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's. Lol
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Homemade "Nice Cream" : Take 1-2 frozen bananas, with hand blender combine with 1/2-3/4 c soy/almond milk and 1 tbsp of agave or maple syrup. Add 2 tsp cocoa powder and it tastes just like a Wendy's Frosty!!!

A Jr Frosty has 200 cals and makes far less dirty dishes...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    OP is not quite satisfied with frozen banana recipes....so people suggest more frozen banana recipes. Seems legit, lol.

Try training yourself into eating a serving (or two) of real ice cream depending on your calories, of course. For a tasty low cal option, Edy' s and Turkey Hill have slow churned recipes at 120-140 per half cup serving. They are my go to on days I don't have the calories to spare. Otherwise it's Talenti or Haagen Daz.
  • mdevereux22
    mdevereux22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you have an ice cream freezer, I developed a dynamite recipe that is 97 calories a half cup, creamy and loaded with protein. Let me know
  • Beautyinthemoonlight
    Beautyinthemoonlight Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Get about 2 cups of Frozen berries (rasberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries). Put in blender. Add a bit of milk (I use almond milk) to reach your desired consistency. If your berries are tangy add a small amount of maple syrup or sweetener drops.

You can also make banana ice cream by freezing bananas (add cinnamon and if you want or a variety of fruits - add almond milk). So yummy and tastes exactly like a creamy ice cream.

If you want to make larger batches you can. Put it in a container in freezer for the next time you get a sweet craving. When you want it next put in microwave for about 40 seconds to get it back to the right consistancy .
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    OP is not quite satisfied with frozen banana recipes....so people suggest more frozen banana recipes. Seems legit, lol.

Try training yourself into eating a serving (or two) of real ice cream depending on your calories, of course. For a tasty low cal option, Edy' s and Turkey Hill have slow churned recipes at 120-140 per half cup serving. They are my go to on days I don't have the calories to spare. Otherwise it's Talenti or Haagen Daz.

The frozen banana recipes just keep on comin too! I swear people don't read anything beyond the title of threads before they post..,
  • ASGG7818
    ASGG7818 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yoplait whips yogurt- freezes to consistency of ice cream.
  • Letscook2015
    Letscook2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cut watermelon into 3 inch straps, freeze and enjoy!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Alluminati wrote: »

The frozen banana recipes just keep on comin too! I swear people don't read anything beyond the title of threads before they post..,

Real talk.
  • Wotan39
    Wotan39 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I mix watermelon with light coconut milk , freeze it . It is delish, and good for me
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I can't make ice cream with fruit. I like it, but hubs says that fruit has no business in ice cream.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I can't make ice cream with fruit. I like it, but hubs says that fruit has no business in ice cream.

I don't pretend that all fruit = ice cream either. More like a sorbet = a dessert consisting of frozen fruit juice or flavored water and sugar

BUT, I love strawberry ice cream. I have to disagree with your hubs, fruit does have it's place in ice cream and so does DAIRY.
  • littefish2018
    littefish2018 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is better than ice-cream!! In blender blend one avocado with 1 tsp sugar, lemon juice, maybe a splash of water if it's too thick. Chill for an hour at least. This is most delicious thing you will ever eat, and has the right kind of fat. You can also blend a mango and/ or papaya into juice and top to make a parfait. SO AMAZING (it's called 'chumaki' in amharic)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    This is better than ice-cream!! In blender blend one avocado with 1 tsp sugar, lemon juice, maybe a splash of water if it's too thick. Chill for an hour at least. This is most delicious thing you will ever eat, and has the right kind of fat. You can also blend a mango and/ or papaya into juice and top to make a parfait. SO AMAZING (it's called 'chumaki' in amharic)

Granted, it'll depend on the size, but an avocado likely has at least 240ish calories. Plus sugar. I've had a serving of pretty decadent ice cream for fewer calories than that, and personally, I'd rather have the single serving of ice cream.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada and last night, I bought Peanut Butter Fudge Pops at Superstore. They are 100 calories per pop and I think, 11g of sugar. Yes, I know the sugar is high. I had enough wiggle room in my tracking to allow a pop last night and my oh my it was delicious !!!! There are lots of other flavours too. I think I might try some new kinds next time I go grocery shopping.

I found the pop to be creamy, flavourful and worth it !!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Haven't read the other posts here, but I've found it's better if I don't keep pints and quarts in my house. If I desire ice cream or frozen yogurt, I go out for it and get a dish of something really good. I'll do this about once a week, and it makes the choice to go out for ice cream a really special occasion rather than just another trip to the fridge to act on a craving.

Best ice cream I ever had? Honeydew melon full-fat ice cream from a little ice cream shop near the house where I grew up way back in the 1950s (actually, there was no such thing as low fat back in those days). Some of the other suggestions here are great, but when you really want an ice cream, nothing else will do. The trick is: don't make it an everyday thing, and really enjoy it when you have it. A lot of this whole battle is psychological.
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Okay, there is no substitute for ice cream. Sorry - I've tried all the alternates (well not ALL, but you get the idea). Control serving options (100 cal. Breyers, Yasso Frozen Yogurt pops, Outshine yogurt pops) work best for me. One thing I just did that was tasty. Stirred a packet of 20-calorie hot cocoa powder (Hersheys or Nestle - can't remember brand) into 80-calorie container of plain Greek non-fat yogurt. Liked a lot! May try freezing for giggles. There are similar recipes calling for plain cocoa and stevia or whatever but this was a breeze!