Calories

Options
This app says I should consume 1660 calories, I want to lose 60pds. I think I should eat 1200 calories can anyone HELP. Thanks How many calories do you think???

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It might be helpful to share some stats with us. Especially things like age, height, weight, activity level.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    If you entered all your info correctly (age, weight, rate of weight loss, activity level, etc) correctly, consume 1660 calories. That's what the app is for - to calculate your daily caloric requirement based on the data you provided. If you want to disregard the info, I guess that's up to you....
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    If you want less then change your stats. Where it says activity level put sedentary
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you should eat 1200 calories?
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Try the 1660 for a few weeks and see how you feel and how your body reacts. Then adjust your caloric intake down by 100 a week. You can see what works best for you.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If the app says 1600 I would leave it there. It goes down as you get closer to your goal. Enjoy it while you can.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I have a serious question, and I'm not dogging anyone, because I know some people's stats require it but....why is 1200 calories the magic calorie amount?

I'd love to be dropping 2+ a week, but when I set it at 2 lbs, and it gave me 1300 calories, I said heck naw and changed to 1.5 loss a week, lol.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a serious question, and I'm not dogging anyone, because I know some people's stats require it but....why is 1200 calories the magic calorie amount?

I'd love to be dropping 2+ a week, but when I set it at 2 lbs, and it gave me 1300 calories, I said heck naw and changed to 1.5 loss a week, lol.

Good question. I did the 1200 calories thing when i first started, I lasted a whole 3 days lol