excess skin? :-/

Options
Hi I am 5'6" 335 lbs starting out I've lost some of that, and I've realized a lot of my skin is starting to sag. This is to anyone who has lost the weight is there something I could be doing now while I'm losing the weight that will help tighten my skin I don't want to lose a bunch of weight and still not be able to walk around without a shirt just saying LOL

Replies

• SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Drinking over 64 oz of water everyday helps the skin. Lotion helps too. In the end, if it's a lot of skin, having it removed is the last solution. Keep a log of rashes/infections because the insurance company will want that info.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I carried extra skin for 18 years after my twins were born. I had it surgically removed, 10.5 inches of hanging skin.

Some people are lucky and have the genetics, some find a good plastic surgeon.

I think it takes about a year for your skin to recover from weight/baby. After that, it is what it is.

Good luck !
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying this works or not. But try incorporaring gelatin/collagen into your diet everyday. Great Lakes, available at your grocery store does a good one. I eat collagen every day, i just mix it in with a drink.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You're young, you may have a chance. Best thing you can do is incorporate a strength routine to maintain muscle mass and try to lose only fat (and not muscle). But with the amount you have to lose there's almost certainly going to be some issues there. All you can do is hope to minimize it or save up for cosmetic surgery after the fact.
  • carolgrn
    carolgrn Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The younger the person the more the skin will bounce back.
    Of course there is never a guarantee on any issue - I did meet one (young) girl who was maybe a size 3 and I didn't realize she had any issues at all. She raised her shirt one day and I couldn't believe how her skin had all bounced back and everything left was centered around her belly button - extra skin she did have to remove.