My calorie allowance

Options
Just started back on a plan and want to give it the best possible go. Is it sufficient enough to input the information and then go wit the calories it gives?
I'm 6ft male 227lb looking to lose 30. 1900kcals?
I am a stay at home dad so mainly sedentary but aim to run at least an hour a day.
Am o supposed to eat back these calories or some? Is it ok to? Thanks

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    1900 cals is low for your size - did you pick the 2lbs a week option?
    IMHO that's making the task much harder/unpleasant than it needs to be.

Yes your goal is plus exercise calories and running is a very simple exercise to get a reasonable estimate for so you should eat them all back.
  • Flourisher
    Flourisher Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah I picked the 2lb a week option. I figured it must be right as 2500 is normal right so its just 600 under. Confused now
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    2500 is normal? For who? Perhaps for me but not for you.
    It's often given as an average but at 227lbs you aren't average size.

If you get 1900 + exercise calories for a 2lb weekly loss then the site is calculating 2900 + exercise calories as your weight maintenance calories. Anything under that should result in weight loss.
    So you could choose 1lb a week and have 2400 + exercise calories as your allowance.

There's loads of good information in the sticky threads at the top of each forum by the way.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Flourisher wrote: »
    Just started back on a plan and want to give it the best possible go. Is it sufficient enough to input the information and then go wit the calories it gives?
    I'm 6ft male 227lb looking to lose 30. 1900kcals?
    I am a stay at home dad so mainly sedentary but aim to run at least an hour a day.
    Am o supposed to eat back these calories or some? Is it ok to? Thanks

Good place to start, after 4 weeks you'll know if it's coming off too slow or too quick.

With the "eating back" thing just watch that the estimated extra calories logged are realistic, or do what many do and eat half of them to be on the safe side.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't blanch about a lower calorie diet, neither would I ever eat back all the exercise calories. If you are enjoying your new diet, I'd recommend sticking to it.