Doh! Weighing scales are broke.

Options
JamiesMummyxx
JamiesMummyxx Posts: 9 Member
edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
And I didn't even notice! God knows how long it's been wrong for.

Just cut up some sweet potato wedges for my tea tonight. Weighed them 550g - seemed like an awful lot as they had been cut and skin taken off and the bag was only 1kg anyway. I'd taken 2 out so for curiosity I put the rest of the bag on the scales which came up too just short of 800g. Not likely the 1kg bag was out by 350g, is it? :expressionless:

I noticed a distinct lack of cheese on my salad the other day after weighing 50g out too. But since it's cheese I didn't over think it.

Wonder how long they've been doing this for?

I guess I'll be buying a new set on payday. I've had them about 6 years now. :open_mouth:

Any ideas on what to do for the next week or so? Just guess, I suppose?

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Did you check the battery? If that's ok, put 250 ml of water on the scales and see what it weighs. You might, if the discrepancy is consistent and you can calculate how much it is, be able to use your current scales until the new ones arrive.

I'm shocked that you peel sweet potatoes though, the skin is the best bit LOL!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Yep. You've had that set for six years, so if I were you with that much experience under my belt, I definitely wouldn't stress about guessing for the next week.
    Also, what I do is that I randomly check my scale for accuracy. I have a couple pieces of plates, cups, Tupperware, etc., that weigh a certain amount, and if the reading is off, I get new batteries and/or re-calibrate scale.