Do you want to join me in starting C25K and Beginner bodyweight programmes?

Options
I've decided to start 2 new programmes today that should take about an hour in total. The aim is to follow these Mon, Wed, Fri each week and then do walking/cycling on the other days when it suits me.

I'm posting here incase anyone wants to join me and we can help motivate each other, share experiences, things we learn etc. I'm no expert in these, or in exercises, or fitness, or much really - I'm just trying to get fitter and stronger and found a couple of programmes to follow.

I'll update this thread with what I'll be doing each day so you can just follow this thread to join in. You don't have to start today, just join in when you can and let me know how you get on.

The two programmes are:

Couch 2 5K
This is a 9 week course designed to get you from non runner to running 5k. I did it a few years ago and it really worked so I'm starting again to ease myself back into running.
There are lots of different explanations of this, but here's an example: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

You are your own gym
This is a programme from the book "You are your own gym" which is a book with a bunch of bodyweight exercises so you don't need access to a gym. I'm sure you can find videos/descriptions on the internet if you want to know how to do the exercises - or you can buy the book - it's a good read.

For the first 2 weeks we'll be doing "ladders" which is a 7.5 minute window in which you do this:
set 1: 1 rep - rest
set 2: 2 reps - rest
set 3: 3 reps - rest
...... keep going until you think you'd fail to complete the next set then come back down again
set x: 3 reps - rest
set x: 2 reps - rest
set x: 1 rep - rest

The emphasis is on doing it properly, pushing yourself and building strength, it's not about who can do the most reps. So don't worry if you don't get to the end of the ladder in time, if you do get to the end and have time then start a new ladder.

If you join in then let me know how you get on.
Good luck,
Steve

Here we go:

Day 1
C25K (30 mins)
Week 1 Day 1 - 5 min walk then 20 minutes of 60sec jog, 90sec walk then 5 min walk cooldown

YAYOG (30 mins)
1x 7.5 minute ladder of each of these:
PUSH - Push ups (hands on raised platform of some sort)
PULL - "let me in" - look it up on internet it's about pulling yourself up using a door.
PUSH - Seated Dips with feet on the ground (using chair)
PULL - "let me up" - broom between two chairs, lie underneath it, pull your chest up to it with your feet on the floor.

Stretch and relax.