Need some brief help logging a restaurant smoothie

Options
Hey guys, this is a wee thing, but I'm pretty stuck at the moment!

I have just gone out to what used to be my favourite restaurant. For various reasons (money, calorie counting), I have not been there in over a year now, but I decided on a splurge today.

After the meal, I decided I wanted something a little sweet to properly finish the whole shebang. I overheard the waitress mentioning fruit smoothies to a family, and decided that sounded pretty good. I'm pretty used to the healthier smoothie options around where I work, i.e. fruit juice or white tea bases, sometimes veggies blended in, often relatively small, in the 300 calorie range. I had completely forgotten how rich an old-fashioned restaurant fruit smoothie can be.

So this monster came.

GUYS. At least 20oz! I grabbed the drink menu to find a description of it, and the base was vanilla ice cream AND milk! I highly doubt any part of it was low-fat anything. I bet the calorie count on this thing was insane. I definitely didn't have room for it all, but I would have felt terribly rude sending it back after I had them make it (my mistake, after all), so I got down three-quarters of it before stumbling out feeling rather sick. NEVER AGAIN.

And now, naturally, I discover that this restaurant has NO nutritional information online. I've been able to fudge the rest of the meal with little problem (common foods), but I find that when I try to look up fruit smoothies in the database, I get a million options which are obviously too small and lower-calorie.

Is there a restaurant you know that is in the database - or even just has nutritional info online - and serves up smoothies as rich as I've described? Like, have you BEEN to the restaurant and seen how rich it is for yourself? It's hard to tell from pictures online.

Replies

• KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That sounds really bad. When I saw your title i thought "OH NOOO!" lol. I do my own fruit smoothies cause I know what's in them but never ever will I again buy from any restaurant. Maybe you can use dunkin donuts smoothis or mc donalds to log 'cause they're just as bad. Except that yours had ice cream so I can't even imagine. My recommendation would be to give yourself a great workout to counter act that smoothie and just start fresh the next day. At least you know never to get that again, at least not there.
  • BeanDelphiki
    Options
    That sounds really bad. When I saw your title i thought "OH NOOO!" lol. I do my own fruit smoothies cause I know what's in them but never ever will I again buy from any restaurant. Maybe you can use dunkin donuts smoothis or mc donalds to log 'cause they're just as bad. Except that yours had ice cream so I can't even imagine. My recommendation would be to give yourself a great workout to counter act that smoothie and just start fresh the next day. At least you know never to get that again, at least not there.

Haha, when she set it on the table I thought, "And there's all my deficits for the week, gone!" No big deal in the end, I will adjust for it, but I did kinda internally groan. I'm thinking now that it had to be at least 1000 calories. Who really needs to drink that?! Maybe body builders. Maybe I should take up body building, LOL.

Thank you for the tip about those restaurants - I have not been to a McD's since I was a small child, so I wouldn't know about their smoothies, but that is a useful point of comparison. Maybe I will log a McDonald's smoothie and a scoop of vanilla ice cream? That might work.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Maybe Frisches? I think they have smoothies. Or DQ or Sonics.
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Haha, when she set it on the table I thought, "And there's all my deficits for the week, gone!" No big deal in the end, I will adjust for it, but I did kinda internally groan. I'm thinking now that it had to be at least 1000 calories. Who really needs to drink that?! Maybe body builders. Maybe I should take up body building, LOL.

Thank you for the tip about those restaurants - I have not been to a McD's since I was a small child, so I wouldn't know about their smoothies, but that is a useful point of comparison. Maybe I will log a McDonald's smoothie and a scoop of vanilla ice cream? That might work.

Lol, maybe that will work.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Try logging in generically what you know is in it. If it was a 20 oz smoothie figure about 3-4 scoops of ice cream went in it and about a cup or two of milk. Add in rough amounts of what else was in the smoothie.