Fitness Watches

Options
2»

Replies

• charlesfit1
    charlesfit1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you're serious about fitness and don't want an inaccurate HR count like FitBit's with multiple lawsuits (google it), it's Polar, Garmin or Mio. The others I tried many and ForBit is the worst/most inaccurate. Best pricing, see Amazon prior to buying.
  • gymrat04mf
    gymrat04mf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Microsoft Band 2. I used to have Garmin Vivosmart before I bought the Microsoft Band 2 and it's been amazing. It's a smart watch so you get your texts, calls, emails, etc (although you can turn it off if you don't want that), and it's a great activity tracker. It tracks steps, calories, stairs, HR, multiple types of exercise and you can also use it for your own unique workouts! This is especially great for weightlifting since a lot of watches don't offer things like this. You can design your own workout and sync it to the watch, and it'll guide you through it with the exercises you need to do, how many sets, reps, what weight, etc.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Depends what you want it for. I don't wear a watch all the time, and use a Tom Tom multisport (with separate HRm). It is waterproof, has swim settings, run, bike, treadmill (no GPS) and a freestyle mode I use for walking. The GPS fix is speedy, and I sync it to Strata and from there to MFP. You can set various different training sessions, intervals etc via it.

It doesn't take phone calls, but then again, it's a watch....

Priority for me would be - is it waterPROOF?, Can I set training goals?, Does it record my route and distance? Does it tell the time?is it easy to use on the move?
  • wendypark811
    wendypark811 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'am interested in buying a tracker for the treadmill/ spinning/cross trainer so basically cardio work. I live in the uk and people suggest chest straps while others trackers/watches.
    Will keep an eye on this post.
  • supersimonesquirrel
    supersimonesquirrel Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a charge hr and so far it has really exceeded my expectations! I find it very accurate for cardio and hiit workouts. Great for tracking steps and sleep, it's best gadget I have ever bought :smile:
  • Emzy1079
    Emzy1079 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just up dated to a Garmin vivoactive hr from a Fitbit charge hr and have to say it's 100% better and more accurate than the Fitbit and its waterproof not just splash/ sweat proof!
  • palmtang
    palmtang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm lost without my Microsoft band 2
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and fitbit blaze. I noticed that the calories burned the fitbit one was reporting back to mfp after exercising on the elliptical for 60mins was ridiculous (last 2days, I got 54kcals and something like 166kcals). So I bought the fitbit blaze which was delivered yesterday and I quickly snuck in a 20mins workout this morning just to give it a trial run.

It reported my calories burned to mfp way better than the fitbit one BUT my steps were inaccurate by over 200 steps, something fitbit one is great at. Also, I found that if i just swing my hand while standing still, the fitbit blaze was counting steps and if I wasn't swinging my arms while walking, it did not count the steps (again, this is something I never experienced on the fitbit one).

So, I have realised that wrist based activity trackers might not be so great if you're not running. This is just my opinion anyway. I will be wearing my fitbit one when im just walking out 'n' about & will wear my fitbit blaze while exercising on my elliptical as this gives a better kcal burn report to mfp even if the steps are inaccurate.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Without more guidance: Garmin Forerunner 735. Take a FR 235 (very nice running watch with integral HR) and add multisports mode and add true cycling tracking and add good swim tracking, including swim workouts.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    ntw25 wrote: »
    I am now lost without my Apple watch

I've had my Apple Watch for a few months now and absolutely love it for fitness tracking and everything else that it does. I would be lost without it as well. :)
  • rokitkafamily
    rokitkafamily Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have had the fitbit charge hr and I currently use the fitbit blaze, both have worked well, the blaze offers more customization but you really won't need it. As a woman I prefer the charge HR because it is less bulky, the blaze is much bigger. Once again both worked well for me, I think you will find success with either. If you are looking for one with a GPS component you will not find that with either of these.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    ntw25 wrote: »
    I am now lost without my Apple watch

Same!!

Yup me too, love my Apple watch. The workout tracking is not super sophisticated but the general activity tracking is great and I combine it with Runkeeper (phone) if I need intervals etc for runs.
    I always carry my phone when I run (for music/books/safety) so the combo works well for me.

I totally agree. And the workout tracking works fine for me plus everything else it does...I absolutely love it. Have you tried the gymaholic app? It's AWESOME if you do any type of strength training in addition to your running!
  • Logluc
    Logluc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a TomTom cardio + music. I hate carrying my phone or wearing an armband when I run. It stores music (up to 500 songs) plus gps, hr monitor calories burned, sleep tracking etc. It's a bit pricy but well worth the investment. Throw in some Bluetooth headphones and go for a run!