Progress after 2 weeks with pics

Options
Notaphase
Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
edited June 2016 in Success Stories
Let me start off by saying this is my 5th time getting back into MFP but this time feels very different. The biggest difference? I'm only weighing myself once a week. I always heard that advice but I never followed it. Here's why it works:
I noticed a trend looking back through my weigh ins on MFP. I would rejoin when I hit 165 (with a goal of 145). In the first few days, I'd lose a ton of (water) weight. I'd weigh myself every day during that time. Then around 155-150 I'd stop tracking my food and weigh myself less and less until I gave up. I noticed I would weigh myself after a "good" day of fewer calories, and then not weigh myself after a "bad" day of high calories. This behavior did not support long-term health. This behavior also led to me giving up once I had a few "bad" days in a row.
Now I'm resisting the urge to weigh myself more than once a week, and I've found that it helps me find a balance. In the past, I avoided all social gatherings when I was trying to lose weight because it was too hard to stay disciplined. Now I'm saving calories for social events and recognizing that it will all balance out over time. I can have fun and lose weight too! It helps me think of my weight loss as a lifetime goal.
This is me two weeks ago. 163. Size 12 shorts. I'm 5'9"
jnxbyh9pikyq.jpg
This is today. 158. Still size 12 but they're roomier. My waist is down from 31.5" to 30"!
prcmj7867o3b.jpg

I've been doing 5X5 stronglifts and I have to admit it's the first time I've ever enjoyed going to the gym. I can't wait to post in another 2 weeks!

Replies

• timmybitey
    timmybitey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look phenominal
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Yup, looking good!
  • spurby123
    spurby123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you for not giving up! I have a similar story, but like you know its different this time :) you look awesome!
  • meryl135
    meryl135 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    So much more definition in your arms! Congratulations!
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Love your skin tone. Just a word of advice.

Keep your weight under control while you are young and you still have elasticity in your skin.

I am 69, 5'2" and have lost 47 lbs. Down to 115. my skin is so wrinkly and looks like crepe paper. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my loss but wish I had not gotten so big and stretched my skin so bad.

Losing slowly helps with skin tone also. You don't look like you have too much to lose.

Good luck with your journey.
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are my height, so I can't wait to get to your weight, even your before it great! Keep it up hun!
  • madseasons
    madseasons Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Keep your weight under control while you are young and you still have elasticity in your skin.

I am 69, 5'2" and have lost 47 lbs. Down to 115. my skin is so wrinkly and looks like crepe paper. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my loss but wish I had not gotten so big and stretched my skin so bad.

Losing slowly helps with skin tone also. You don't look like you have too much to lose.

Great job hun!!!!!!!!!!
  • Notaphase
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the encouragement! I can't wait to post another progress picture in another two weeks. I'm really impressed with how visible the results are with heavy lifting.
  • Notaphase
    Options
    madseasons wrote: »
    You are my height, so I can't wait to get to your weight, even your before it great! Keep it up hun!

Good luck with your journey! It really helped me to find other people my height that were at my goal weight. My doctor kept telling me 145 was a good goal weight for my height but I didn't think that was possible until I saw people in MFP reaching that goal.
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

Vicki well done. I have heard the older you get the harder it is to lose so you aced it! I wouldnt worry too much about loose skin, its the health changes inside that you have made that count. The extra years you can spend with your loved ones.
  • JP_909
    JP_909 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Looking fantastic! Great progress :)
  • Notaphase
    Options
    Update:
    I'm now 6 weeks in. This is the slowest I've ever lost weight but it's also the first time I'm doing a serious weightlifting routine. I'm about 6 lbs down. I've gone from barely being able to squat 45 pounds to squatting 110lbs and I'm deadlifting 130 lbs! I've never been this strong in my whole life. I'm really happy with how much the back of my waist is thinning out. I'm hoping to post a butt before and after soon (still waiting to be satisfied with the after picture :) )

zm2y64g4ktv9.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!