50lbs by Christmas

Options

Replies

• sasa31329
    sasa31329 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping on this band wagon, 40-50 by Christmas sounds awesome! I've switched to clean eating and only eating when I'm hungry. And it's working! Imagine that!
  • momofamadhouse
    momofamadhouse Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be under 200 by New Year's, so technically I have 36 pounds to lose by Christmas. BUT I'm certainly not going to stop if I hit it early. I'd love to lose 50 more by then.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Great! Click on the link on the previous page on one or more of my posts to join us! Glad to have you!
  • 4HisGloryAlways
    4HisGloryAlways Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for friends on MFP, so please feel free to add me! Same goal: 50 lbs by Christmas.
  • raziak528
    raziak528 Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I just joined as well. I have 30 - 40 lbs to lose and have already lost 7 in the past month.
  • jackietateethridge
    jackietateethridge Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I Started 2 months ago so far I have lost 32 Pounds, I really want to hit 60-65 by Christmas.
  • keyka777rosco
    keyka777rosco Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm with you girl add me so we can help each other reach our goals :) heaviest weight315 current 203 goal 145 :)
  • KetoneKaren
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Here is the link: come join us as we have all switched over to be in a group together which will make it easier to be suportive without a lot of extraneous input from naysayers:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114643-up-to-50lbs-by-christmas

98 members & growing! Who knew?
  • asjt678
    asjt678 Posts: 60 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    How do I join? Just add my name in group?

Edit: i figured it out ;)
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    We just hit 100 members! And we are already thinking of what to rename the group come January...come join us for a supportive group trying to lose some weight by Christmas:

• clovitt1985
    clovitt1985 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I would love to lose 50 by xmas
  • Getfitat54
    Getfitat54 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Anyone else looking to lose 50lbs by Christmas? Or have a goal around there? I'd love to have someone to share the journey with that it like-minded and can help me stay on track!

Love it, you called it so time to get after it. I'm going for 20 by Christmas.
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Newbies just click on the link in my post above to join us. And welcome!
  • A_poetiq
    A_poetiq Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm taking a 22 day road trip starting December 17 and i've decided I will lost 50 pounds by then. I'm 6 down so 44 to go! :)
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    OK! Welcome, just click on the link above & join our group!
  • KetoneKaren
    edited June 2016
    Options
    bumpity bump
    click on the link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114643-up-to-50lbs-by-christmas to join the group, we welcome anyone even if you just want to maintain your weight through the end of the year...you pick your own goal and starting date If you wish, retroactive weight loss counts on this thread! It's a fun group where you can post on a Progress Report page, start your own thread, and have a very positive MFP experience.
  • rubyring460
    rubyring460 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds great add me in xx
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Here is the link: come join us as we have all switched over to be in a group together which will make it easier to be suportive without a lot of extraneous input from naysayers:

98 members & growing! Who knew?

This "naysayer" is an experienced Project Manager very familiar with people setting overly aggressive goals. I get paid to set realistic goals and to help others to do so as well. I have no investment in your goals, but seeing people setting themself up for failure makes me sad. If a goal isn't realistic, it's not a SMART goal.

SMART-Goals.png

Sure, if someone has 200 pounds to lose, losing 50 of them by Christmas is doable. But the OP (and others in this thread) will be at goal when they've lost 50 pounds, and it is simply not realistic (or healthy) to maintain a 1000 calorie a day deficit when you are that close to goal.
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I am going to aim for 30 by Christmas and if I lose more then YAY!
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am going to aim for 30 by Christmas and if I lose more then YAY!

All of you come on over and joun our little group.