Make your goal to still be here 8 weeks from now - just a suggestion.

Options
I have noticed there are a lot of posts asking for accountability partners, needing motivation, needing encouragement.

So - To explain my 8-week suggestion....

Every year, like the migration of the ruby-throated hummingbird, the "new-years-resolutioners" flock to the gym. Every January is super crowded with newbs. February is when it gets better and, in general, by mid-February - or 6 weeks after the "new-years-resolutioners" first arrived, most have given up. It is then much easier to see the remaining new faces because there are so few left. The ones that are still here at 8 weeks are probably going to make it.

So - if you are struggling and need to lose XX or XXX pounds and it seems daunting when you think of the whole task in front of you, break it down into manageable pieces...like still be here 8 weeks from now.

Best wishes!

Replies

• 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    this is a great idea
  • CatFan1019
    CatFan1019 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Suggestion! I am going to make this my goal.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Good one.

When I started - back in 2013 - I made my first real goal to keep it up and log every day for one month. Like from Dec. 1 to Dec. 31. Every day without fail. Even if I went over calories I kept logging.

It's a great first goal to get used to doing it because it does seem monotonous at first.