My husband hums when he is mixing stuff in the kitchen.

Options
13»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to sing at the top of his lungs when he's watching music videos on his laptop. He's wearing earbuds so you can't actually hear the song, just his enthusiastic rendition of it.

Problem is he can't carry a tune in a bucket, poor man. But what he lacks in talent, he makes up for in sheer gusto. My daughter and I usually roll our eyes at each other, but we know it makes him happy, so we keep our thoughts to ourselves.

I did draw the line one day when he chose to wail out "Muskrat Love" at full volume, though. Quite possibly the worst song ever written, lyric-wise. It was impressive that he actually knew every single horrific word to that old chestnut, but I did go over to him, pull out one of his earbuds and say, "Muskrat Love? Are you actually kidding me??"

For you youngins who have no idea what I'm talking about, listen and weep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnRChfwAI0k

B)

Oh yes....does that bring back memories......
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    JaneSnowe wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I see that no one has asked the obvious.

What's the obvious?

Well, my obvious questions was why is this in the recipe forum :). But I'm loving the videos and posts.

Oh. I thought it would be something salacious! :smiley:

That would have been more fun!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    His humming turns you off? That's so sad! I hum little ditty's all the time, while cooking, cleaning, working...drives my grumpy hubby crazy! You and him would get along great!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What if you turn on a fan for white noise, or play some pleasant music? (Edit: instrumental music. Can't sing along to that. lol)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I mean my husband can make a big old racket too but I'm just... meh whatever floats his boat lol.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Is that Harvey Korman? Not the Wookie, the chef.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I hum Jingle Bells in the shower every morning all year long. If my husband was anything like the OP he probably would've kicked me out of the house by now.

Luckily he says it's cute and makes him happy.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Is that Harvey Korman? Not the Wookie, the chef.

Yes!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I sway back and forth. When mixing things, brushing my teeth, or anything else that involves standing still for a period of time. My sister gives me total hell for it and I don't know why.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Still no recipe?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Poor hubby.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I sway back and forth. When mixing things, brushing my teeth, or anything else that involves standing still for a period of time. My sister gives me total hell for it and I don't know why.

Me too. Sometimes my husband will grab me and make me stop, just as a joke. I always feel really disoriented when he does!
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Yo, I sing and dance pretty often in the kitchen, and all over the house. As does my girlfriend. As did my parents. My mom took it really far, as she's a music teacher: theme songs for all the pets, and different songs for different activities (Letting the cat in! Taking the dog out! Locking the door! Vacuuming the carpet!).

Wouldn't have it any other way.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Yo, I sing and dance pretty often in the kitchen, and all over the house. As does my girlfriend. As did my parents. My mom took it really far, as she's a music teacher: theme songs for all the pets, and different songs for different activities (Letting the cat in! Taking the dog out! Locking the door! Vacuuming the carpet!).

Wouldn't have it any other way.

We have theme songs for our pets too.
    :)