MFP group 'LOSE 1 POUND A WEEK 2016' looking for new memebers

Options
d_thomas02
d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
Our private support group, LOSE 1 POUND A WEEK 2016, is looking for new active members. (Lurkers need not apply.)

This group focuses on HEALTHY weight loss and weight maintenance methods! Eat less & Move MORE! We will support each other and encourage one another and aim to lose 1 pound a week until we ALL reach our goals!!! We will celebrate each and every pound lost. SLOW & STEADY wins the race! If you have reached you weight goals, you can still participate in a healthy lifestyle!

The guidelines or "rules" for our group are:

1) We welcome any and all suggestions! This is OUR GROUP! If it is criticism, just be kind about it. ;)

2) BE KIND! We are here to motivate and support one another. NOT to judge or criticize! PLEASE be sure your posts and comments are positive and supportive to one another. But feel free to vent or share your struggles!

3) BE AN ACTIVE MEMBER of this group! Check in DAILY..... Without YOUR group "activity" we will have a dull, boring group! Please try to post or comment daily!

4) We will have challenges going on ALWAYS! You can choose to not participate, but the MORE you join in and participate, the more likely you are to lose weight and stay motivated (not to mention it also makes the group more fun)!

5) We will have WEEKLY weigh ins! It's for the ACCOUNTABILITY!!! You can choose to not weigh in but again, knowing you are "supposed" to post your weekly weight, will hold you more accountable to yourself AND the group!

6) Weight loss charts: We will be tracking our weight and weight lost and posting those charts weekly! We find it is such GREAT motivation to see both individual and group weight loss! We do track how many pounds as a group we have lost!

7) We welcome any and all members! Have MFP friends who would like our group? Feel free to tell them about us and ask them to join! The more the merrier! All we ask is that they be active members.

8) You are welcome to lose MORE than 1 pound a week! As long as you are doing so in a HEALTHY manner! This group HIGHLY discourages crash diets! Losing 1 pound a week is a reasonable goal but we will celebrate right along with you if you lost more!

Addendums:

A ) A team member missing two weekly weigh-ins in a row without reason will be dropped from their team. (Its not fair to the other team members to have a non-participant.)

B ) A group member who does not post something supportive for more than 30 days without reason will be removed from the group. (This is a support group after all.)

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just joined!
  • afhcreate
    afhcreate Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds motivating. I'm in.
  • notjustmarie
    notjustmarie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • poptart2012
    poptart2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • caroljayne
    caroljayne Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello I've just joined also :-)
  • Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    May I please join? I started 7 weeks ago and have lost 7 lbs. I am 58 years old, and need to get from 180 to 135-140 lbs. thank you.
  • redbounty
    redbounty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in. Started mfp Monday with a starting weight of 83.5kg 13st 3Ibs.
    I would like to lose in total 3 to 3 and a half stone, but I am going to take it one week at a time.
  • Stevesmith49
    Stevesmith49 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I was around 250 pounds almost 2 months ago and now managed to get down to 235.
    I hope to make 190 eventually.
    Good luck with your goals everyone ✌
  • tiffannk
    tiffannk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can I join?! I need to get back in the ball game.
  • AfricanGenes
    AfricanGenes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!
  • melbra3951
    melbra3951 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have joined. Only been using this app a few days.
  • theresakruse48
    theresakruse48 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    How do i join please?
  • Tina00222
    Tina00222 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. How do I get added to the group?
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Click on the name of the group in the first post, then click the join button.
  • theresakruse48
    theresakruse48 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm stupified lol because all I can do is make the star turn gold!
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Sorry, my fault.

When you run your mouse over 'LOSE 1 POUND A WEEK 2016' it should change color from blue to yellow. Click on it while it is yellow.

• redbounty
    redbounty Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Whose team are we in?

Ignore found out how.
  • 01134BOB
    01134BOB Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I could really use someone who will hold me accountable, turns out I'm too soft on myself.
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I requested to join as this challenge sounds great!
  • Barbb1557
    Barbb1557 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group. My goal is to lose one pound a week. I have already lost 56.3 pounds and need Rolodex 72 more pounds. Barbb1557