Advice on diet needed

HI!

I need some advice on my diet.
Around 5 years ago I tried to lose weight with a low fat approach and severe restriction of kcal and a lot of exercise (1800kcal, low fat, 4x a week 2h exercise (1h cardio, 1h weight) and lost around 2 kg after 1 year. Then I kind of rage quit

Right now, I am a student (male, 32 years, 188cm, 130kg, 30%BF, lot on sitting of course). Started 2 years ago with keto (166kg, 40%BF) and lost despite quite dirty food choices (sausages, meatloaf and stuff) around 37kg & ~10-12% BF on 2500kcal easily without exercise till around 9 months.

Then stalled and tried to tweak the macros a bit because nutritional ketosis isnt important, more protein is better, etc. Tried multiple different macros (higher protein, high fat low protein, some carbs more protein, protein only, refeeds, cheats, etc) and also different kcal amounts (2500, 2200, 2000, 1800, 3000, 2500 again).

I also cleaned up my diet A LOT and consume much chicken and shakes, veggies, eggs and whey. But still no change at all. At least so it seems.

A bodybuilder friend gave me a reverse diet which I tried, but nonetheless I stalled. Dont know if too impatient or something else.

I started a new approach on weight lifting despite my old and bad experiences in this new semester and work out MO-WED for 1.5h (10 min HIIT to warmup, then weight) doing compound exercises right now (squat, bench press, deadlift, and a lot of rowing because shoulder lack strength; knees and feet are strong but upper body is not). Still nothing.

I also tried to inform me A LOT on every weight loss and scientific aspect of it, but come to no conclusion. It seems just that despite all efforts I cant lose long term. If I eat more carbs I gain weight ASAP and/ or stall immediately.

I only lose if I cut kcal and fat to 1200-1500-1800kcal or something. Tried multiple times different approaches and doesnt seem to work at all. Even though there is enough „energy“ as fat on my body and it seems that I cant tolerate carbs due to the bodyfat; I still cant lose/burn the fat, at least so it seems. Also thought leptin and T3 might be/is a cause but dont know how to raise it without adding carbs. The body has to use fat if there is onyl protein incoming right?

Also did 1-2 weeks whey and casein only diet (PSMF, rapid fat loss) because everyone says it has to work and I have to burn the fat circulating right now in the blood stream but even this doesnt seem to work long term.

Also tried carbs post workout only but also saw no change there. I feel quite good carb depleted espescialy on workouts.

I attached links to my excel statistics, old logs, blood profile, old reverse diet, and all else.
Let me know, if you guys need more.

Recent log
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/de/food/diary/eraser51

reverse diet and excel statistics
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uor08hunmfmwnp4/AACCTB5EgtB08GehMdhhvg-Ta?dl=0

directly to may:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/azsr37rprlxukrt/MFP%20Mai2016.xlsm?dl=0

old logs
http://s270.photobucket.com/user/eraser51/library/

Does anyone has ideas?

I am clueless and stalling despite all efforts... at least so it seems...

help!

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    First thing you're going to be asked is do you weigh all solids on a food scale and measure liquids (jug or cups)? Looking at your log you have a lot of suspiciously round numbers.

Secondly, how long are you giving any of these things. When you quit keto there would have been a non-fat gain related jump on the scale as glycogen stores replenish and water joins it. If you only gave it a couple of weeks or even 3 or 4 before quitting or switching to something else you don't actually know if your efforts were working.

You're all over the place. Weight loss is simple from a science point of view, consume less than the body requires to maintain status quo. Macro splits, carbs, protein, meal timing, exercise, none of it matters from a weight loss point of view, only energy consumption.
  • motivatekait
    motivatekait Posts: 90 Member
    Honestly, I think you're over-complicating it. I experienced something similar where I tried a variety of different diets/macro splits/workouts and nothing ever worked. It was because I was doing SO much research and hearing so many different things that I never stopped to listen to my body. I only started to drop fat once I chilled the hell out and just went back to basics.

Honestly I'd recommend you relax a little bit. Eat below your TDEE, eat whatever macro split works best for you, weigh all your food, focus on workouts you enjoy, be consistent and be patient. That's all you need to do, no cazy diets or killing yourself in the gym. Trust the process and stop stressing, your body will respond accordingly.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Honestly, I think you're over-complicating it. I experienced something similar where I tried a variety of different diets/macro splits/workouts and nothing ever worked. It was because I was doing SO much research and hearing so many different things that I never stopped to listen to my body. I only started to drop fat once I chilled the hell out and just went back to basics.

Honestly I'd recommend you relax a little bit. Eat below your TDEE, eat whatever macro split works best for you, weigh all your food, focus on workouts you enjoy, be consistent and be patient. That's all you need to do, no cazy diets or killing yourself in the gym. Trust the process and stop stressing, your body will respond accordingly.

This
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    edited June 2016
    I second sticking with a program for an extended amout of time. It seems like the one you used for a year resulted in almost a pound a week loss.