graze

Options
anyone tried the graze snack boxes? I just got my first one, and it seems like it is going to be an excellent way to snack with controlled portion sizes.

Replies

• carrieloveshk
    carrieloveshk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I got a box a while back and really liked it. For some reason I didn't keep the subscription and stuck to buying snacks at the grocery store.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I got the first free box, but thought it's too expensive for 4 snacks, plus not all the snacks are very healthy (which is what I'm looking for in snacks) with added sunflower oil and sugar. I'd rather buy a big pack of nuts or seeds or dried fruit which works out a lot cheaper.
  • Wophie
    Wophie Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I used to do the light box but changed to the protein one for a while. So far I haven't had a single snack I disliked! It works out about £1 a snack which isn't bad when they are good quality and already portioned. I get mine every fortnight to stop me snacking for the sake of it.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    I got the first free box, but thought it's too expensive for 4 snacks,

I get 8 for 11, which works out to be around 1.30 each-which is less than a snack from a vending machine.
    It's a neat concept and I like the variety so far.

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a while and they all tasted great but I found I wasn't really satisfied by anything -- eating the snacks just made me want to eat more so it kind of defeated the purpose for me.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    I got the first free box, but thought it's too expensive for 4 snacks,

I get 8 for 11, which works out to be around 1.30 each-which is less than a snack from a vending machine.
    It's a neat concept and I like the variety so far.

I don't buy snacks from vending machines. I buy my healthy snacks a lot cheaper from shops and portion them out myself. So maybe it's great for people who can't or don't want to do that, but I'm on a budget.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a while and they all tasted great but I found I wasn't really satisfied by anything -- eating the snacks just made me want to eat more so it kind of defeated the purpose for me.

Me too! All of the portions were so tiny, I'd just eat the whole box. :( I'd much rather have something like a 100 calorie bag of popcorn.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Expensive. Cheaper to make your own baggies.
    My best ziplock baggie snack = 100 calorie almonds (I use a food scale).
    At least 4 times less than the 100 calories packs at the stores.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Never heard of them. But I do graze on other foods all day long like; apples, almonds, eggs, grapes, popcorn, gluten free pretzel sticks, ect...
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I get it once a fortnight, yes it can be expensive and yes you could probably make your own but I like the variety and also the surprise of finding out which yummy snack treats I have.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I get them once a month or so. They have some seriously delicious stuff, and I still have the old pricing.

They are however always up to 30% extra calories due to being heavier than what the nutrition info says, so beware (that means 70 extra calories on flapjacks sometimes).