I've lost my mojo....help!

Options
wrknonmedaily
wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
edited June 2016 in Motivation and Support
I was doing AWESOME until I had a bad run. Well I did not have a bad run, I just over did it and pushed myself too much. I told myself, "Take a few days off to feel better!" That was 2 months ago. I can't seem to pick up steam to get started again and I have gained a few pounds back. I stopped tracking my food intake. Which means I am back to eating any and everything. I just stopped everything. My gut is coming back. My muffin top was pretty much gone. It's BACK! I have had a few mountain dews =( which I stopped when I started my life change. I still fit in my 16w but they are a tight. I had got down to 225 I am sad to say I am now 237 =O. WTH! I need to get back in there or I will be 247 again. HELP!

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Start by tracking your intake. Make the small changes necessary. Instead of runs, go on walks to ease back into it. You've done it before, so only you can find the motivation to get back on the wagon.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    logging does work, it is worth the aggravation of having to do it. 4 yrs on here
  • 1shedev
    1shedev Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    just to it.
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    First I want to say. You can do it!

I have lost 79 lbs so far. I started at 378 and I just broke 300 which was a big goal for me. My next goal is 87 lbs down which will be 1/3 of my way through my initial weight loss journey. 6 months ago I got up (off my a**) and did 10 minutes of exercise. It made me feel so good that I got up and did another 15 minutes. That started off my exercise journey. I started with the goal of 15 minutes a day 3 day a week. I now exercise 90 minutes a day except Sunday when I at least do 45 minutes. After the first couple of weeks I stopped asking myself whether I felt like exercising (because the answer is usually "no" especially in the morning. :smile:) and just did it. Now I don't give myself a choice and this has been working for me. I hope this helps a little bit.

A lot of the weight loss is to do with exercise but I've modified my intake as well.
  • mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    All that we need to do is time travel and get the future you to get back your mojo and put it back into the tube where they've kept you cryogenically frozen - oh wrong movie.

But for real, no shame in starting and stopping. Just log for a start. Don't change anything except your self awareness. Then little changes. Then BAM suddenly you're back in the swing of things. Because it is a lifestyle change, and things need to have their habits. Remember, it takes between 3 and 6 weeks to make a habit, and then you can just enjoy the new life you've given yourself. I have faith in you, anyway.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    For what span of time did you demonstrate your "mojo"? Wasn't that, if it was longer than 1 month, enough to become a habit? Did you do it in such a way as to be a pleasant lifestyle change? If it was hard to demonstrate your calorie limiting mojo, you were doing it wrong. Try starting over as a noob. Don't change your food. Just log it. Measure it. Log it. Be honest. If your diary isn't open to public, open it. After a week of seeing what you're doing to yourself and how that is expanding your body in unwelcome ways, start making small, tolerable adjustments to your eating by removing items and quantities you clearly don't need and adding items and quantities you do need and do like. Get variety. It takes a few weeks but soon enough you'll be back to full mojo.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone so much for the comments.

Tianamarie6624: That is some good advice. That is what I did in the beginning. I could not do a 30 minute step routine. 10 minutes at the most and I worked up to 30 minutes. Always felt good after. Like I could rule the world.

Mccokat: So true.

JeromeBarry1: I went from January 3, 2016 to around April 2, 2016. I had a check up with my doctor on Jan 6 and was so shame because I had seen her about 7-8 months ago and had lost 40 pounds and got down to 210 now I am seeing her at 247. Not only was I shame, my blood pressure was high. I also refused to buy a size 20 in pants after I was in a regular size16 a few months ago and I will be 45 in September so I did not want to be this big at 45. So I decided to make a life change. Eat better and work out more and besides she wanted to see me in 6 weeks and I wanted to be down. To her surprise, not mines, I had lost 10. I worked at it. Then another 12 pounds after that. I am going to workout tonight and see if I get that feeling of being able to rule the world. Now that is a workout! LOL! Thanks again.