Weightlifting & Fat Loss

Options
coleg04
coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
Hey all,
I've been weight training for a few years now but over the last year I've gone from 210 to 240, 18-20lbs of which is fat. I'm trying to cut back down to the 210 range (30 lbs of fat total), without losing muscle. Looking for motivated people who love the gym to connect with. What's your story/experience?

Replies

• sande3al
    sande3al Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you ever read, "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle"? It's a good book on how to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. Very informative
  • michaelrecoil876
    michaelrecoil876 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys ,Looking for advice...

My name is Mike. I used to be in great shape. I am fairly small framed however; struggled a lot with binge eating and an addiction to Ice Cream. A few weeks back my weight was 181, I am 5'7 and narrower frame.
    I went to my Dr and asked for Phentermine and she gave it to me. Since then I have been excising, eating in moderation and very healthy. I have been eating lean meats, vegetables and things to help promote loss of appetite for bad things. I take Saffron, Coconut Oil and various teas and vitamins like L-Carnitine.

Long story short, I am currently at 161 lbs, and doing exercise at the moment mostly cardio to break down my fat. Shortly I am going to start lifting and being off phentromine. Does anyone have any input or suggestions?

Thank you very much

Mike
  • yami0385
    yami0385 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hello I am in the same boat as you. Trying to build muscle and reduce body fat which is a very hard process. I think I might just focus on losing the rest of this fat on my body. I Strength train 4 days a week and do cardio 3 days a week I'm exhausted
  • coleg04
    Options
    sande3al wrote: »
    Have you ever read, "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle"? It's a good book on how to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. Very informative

Ill check that out for sure thank you
  • coleg04
    Options
    yami0385 wrote: »
    Hello I am in the same boat as you. Trying to build muscle and reduce body fat which is a very hard process. I think I might just focus on losing the rest of this fat on my body. I Strength train 4 days a week and do cardio 3 days a week I'm exhausted

I was doing exactly that before realizing if I just cut the fat now I'll look so much better than if I keep focusing on getting bigger. I'm going to continue to push myself in the gym but my diet is going to be so much better!
  • coleg04
    Options
    Mike, this sounds like an excellent plan in my opinion. I try sticking to lower carb macro's and it seems to work for me. I know everyone is different but even if I restrict calories I dont lose weight nearly as fast as when I keep my carbs around 20%, fats 30% and protein 50%.
  • Rom3oJuli3tt
    Rom3oJuli3tt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    No substitute for hard work and self control. You just have to want it my man. I HIGHLY recommend logging your food a d monitoring your intake. You'll lose a little muscle even if you're diet is on point, but it won't be anything drastic. That's if you're natural of course.