Garmin Forerunner 235 - HR problem/question

I have the Forerunner 235 (wrist-based heart rate monitor). I got it in February and love it, EXCEPT, recently it stopped recording my heart rate during runs. The heart rate monitor is working because it shows my heart rate except on runs, which is when I really want the data. It was working for 3 months then recently stopped. I've checked the settings and this isn't addressed in the manual. Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Stopped completely or just dropped signal for a few seconds?

Mine has lost my heart rate on a couple of occasions when it's been really cold?
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Do you get a heart rate when you select the heart rate widget ?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    You'll have better luck in the Garmin forums or by calling them directly.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Stopped completely or just dropped signal for a few seconds?

Mine has lost my heart rate on a couple of occasions when it's been really cold?

It has dropped the HR signal completely for a run. Temps have been in the 70s and 80s.
  • acbraswell
    Do you get a heart rate when you select the heart rate widget ?

Yes, I'm sitting at my desk now and my heart rate has been recording for at least the last 4 hours. It's only when actively tracking a run the heart rate isn't registering.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    edited June 2016
    I had this problem after the 4.3 software update. If you select the heart rate widget and wait until the heart symbol is solid and not flashing it means your 235 has locked onto your heart rate. This can take a few minutes. Once you have this then you should be good for selecting your run activity and the watch picking up your heart rate. Do this before starting your run.
    Hope this works for you.
  • acbraswell
    I had this problem after the 4.3 software update. If you select the heart rate widget and wait until the heart symbol is solid and not flashing it means your 235 has locked onto your heart rate. This can take a few minutes. Once you have this then you should be good for selecting your run activity and the watch picking up your heart rate. Do this before starting your run.
    Hope this works for you.

Awesome! Thanks for your response. I'll try this tonight.