Iffy about Scale

Options
Hello Everyone!!

I have a digital weight watchers scale at home that I've been using.. Well the thing about this scale is if you pick it up and put it down it flashes and then goes to 00 and if you step on the scale it will give you a weight. Then if you step off the scale and have it clear and then tap the scale with your foot and have it come back on to 00 and step on it again it will give you another weight, which is usually lower then the first weight it gives you.

My Mother in-law has this big fancy doctors scale that has the big dial head and the scale is callibrated to exactly 0. I stepped on that like 4 times and that scale gave me the same weight every single time.

So I guess what I'm getting at is which scale should I go with?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Do you have the instructions around? Most digital scales have to be calibrated each time you move them. Usually it will have you step on and off a couple of times before it's set.
  • mogginsthemog
    mogginsthemog Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've just replaced the batteries in both my food and bathroom scales. They are now more stable, so I'd recommend replacing if you find numbers altering as you use them..
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My weight watchers scale does this. The first reading is four to five pounds higher and then from then on out it will read my actual weight! Crazy.
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My weight watchers scale does this. The first reading is four to five pounds higher and then from then on out it will read my actual weight! Crazy.

Sells more diet food?