edited June 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Why does it have to make me crave sweet things at this time of month
I can't stand sweet things normally
But once a month I need a fix

Replies

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Work a sweet treat or two into your calories for the day (few days?) that you feel the strongest urge.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    So have your fix. I keep Haagen Daasz mini cups in my freezer for exactly this purpose. Portion controlled, and an insidiously designed tiny spoon attached to ensure you take your time savoring it.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I keep lots of treats on hand and sometimes live off of them during that miserable 10 days or so. Like for a few days I'll build my calories around fudge pop tarts and chocolate.

Yeah I know not nutritious but under calories and only a day or so a month. Keeps me sane.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I just plan to eat at maintenance those two days, and do some extra exercise in the week following to compensate. It doesn't pay to struggle when your body is in distress. :) Also, I find the darker chocolate I eat (Trader Joe's 73% is my current goto) the less I need to eat to feel satisfied. Usually just one or two squares and I'm good.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I crave it everyday. Fortunately one square is usually enough, and it's dark chocolate, which has nutritional benefits.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I eat at maintenance and handle my business, lol. But I'm also someone who eats sweets regularly, I always end up wanting Chinese food. So I just make sure I stay hydrated and realize that when the scale increases, it's due to water weight and will come off in a few days.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Magnesium supplements help with chocolate cravings. Or go for a piece of dark chocolate.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Moderation. Fit it into your daily calories that week or few days. My downfall is ice cream, though. Im terrible at not overindulging.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    So...have some chocolate.

I tend to lose MORE weight when I include more chocolate in my diet--probably because I tend not to get enough fat usually.

I love the Ritter Sport Dark Chocolate with Hazelnuts. It is mostly nuts, good quality chocolate and just over 2 ounces total--a very reasonable portion size.
  • DanniPants6
    DanniPants6 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So I currently in the same boat as you - our BMR increases as much as 9% preparing for the actual menstartion! It's bananas.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Eat your chocolate. I know for me, cravings were worse when I treated certain foods as "not allowed". You're, grown up, you can do what you want. Just log it.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Just once a month? I want chocolate every single day.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I just have chocolate. I found out it's simpler (mentally) and less caloric to eat the chocolate (or whatever I'm craving) than to fight the urge by ignoring it and/or eating something "healthier" because I would end up eating the chocolate anyway.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Have chocolate.