Anyone hesitant to share progress with SO?

Options
Last week lost another 1.8 and down another pants size...
If my wife asks I tell her truthfully, but if she doesn't I keep it to myself.
I'm worried that my progress will make her feel insecure, anyone else dealing with this?

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sounds like you're a real sweetheart, truly. My husband walks on eggshells because when he tells me I look great, that he's proud of me and such, he doesn't want me to think I was hideous before. He does a really good job, though. Sweet guys care like this.

Does your wife have challenges with her own weight, or is she worried about you looking so fabulous that the ladies are finding you irresistible? I'm not trying to be silly, but delicately ask the question about what type of insecurity you're dealing with.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I tell my husband everything good bad or otherwise. He met me thin and he loved me. He saw me heavy and he praised my curves. He sees me losing and working out and he praises my dedication.

My husband doesn't care to exercise and is very happy with the way he looks. I'm also extremely happy with the way he looks.

Do you know your wife is insecure or are you projecting?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Beth's progress has been slower than mine. I still tell her about my minor victories and she helps me celebrate them. I also congratulate her for hers, ask her if she remembers the time ... and then tell a story I know she remembers, ideally one alluding to one of the reasons I fell in love with her.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I tell when I've lost another lb, and I tell her when I've gained. I'm 50 lb less than she married so it's all gravy to her.