What kind of foods should I eat?

Options
I'm currently trying to lose weight but what I wanted to know is what kinds of foods do I eat to meet my food quota I.e. Carbs amount, sugar amount, fat amount Etc

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like, just eat less than you need.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting out, I would simply eat at a deficit in calories. Plug your stats into MFP and stick to the calorie count it gives you. Once you are diligently logging and weighing, then you can focus on macros (you will naturally find some foods simply hold hunger out longer than others). And WELCOME!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that you like in portion sizes that fit your goals.

Get plenty of fats & protein for health and satiety.

Get plenty of fruits & veggies for the micronutrients.

Fill in the rest of your calories with carbs, sweets, and treats as you see fit.

Calories are king for weight loss. Getting enough vitamins, fat, etc can be important for general health, but personal preference and finding a diet you can sustain is important too.

I had good success using this post to set my macro goals: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1 Your mileage may vary.
  • themakeupbelle
    themakeupbelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Are u sure? I mean there are certain things I eat more often and fill up like my sugar intake
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yep, we are sure!
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Are u sure? I mean there are certain things I eat more often and fill up like my sugar intake

You don't need to stress over that unless you have a health issue to worry about. Like they've said above, focus on getting your caloric intake on point. Once you're there, you can play with your nutrition. Small steps.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Yep, we are sure!

This^

Unless you have medical issues no need to manage sugar intake. I love my sugar too, however it's not usually filling for me. So I do eat less sugar now. All things in moderation.
  • themakeupbelle
    themakeupbelle Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @MissusMoon thank u so much for the encouragement
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    @MissusMoon thank u so much for the encouragement

You're very welcome.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Calories only come from three places. Sugars, Fats and Protein. So you're wanting to fill your stomach to keep you from binge eating Fruits and Veggies are a good place to start. They'll fill your stomach up, leaving you Satisfied without all the unwarranted Calories.

Proteins and Fibers are harder to break down, so they will keep you feeling fuller longer.

The rest is up to you. Just be honest with yourself and the app, and you'll do fine.

If you do end up going over your RCI Recommend Caloric Intake just go on a walk or short jog and get that number back down.