Fitbit Scale

Options
Anyone have one? How do you like it? I just ordered one since my scale died.

Replies

• plasticlin
    plasticlin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's great, I love it.
  • tena1028
    tena1028 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    plasticlin wrote: »
    It's great, I love it.

Can you set a "weigh in" day on it or does it just sync anytime you weigh?
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I've got one, it's fine and transmits my weight to the fitbit site and tracks it. (since I have the memory of a flea, I like that) :)

It syncs each time you weigh.
  • tena1028
    Options
    I've got one, it's fine and transmits my weight to the fitbit site and tracks it. (since I have the memory of a flea, I like that) :)

It syncs each time you weigh.

Awesome. I am excited to get mine. I love your username, sparklyglitterbomb. :)
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    As far as I know it syncs every time. My wife still uses a regular scale, so I tend to use that for day to day. On the one hand, it would be nice to see all the fluctuations but I don't like that MFP always posts I've lost weight anytime my weight is lower than the previous measurement.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    tena1028 wrote: »

As far as I know it syncs every time. My wife still uses a regular scale, so I tend to use that for day to day. On the one hand, it would be nice to see all the fluctuations but I don't like that MFP always posts I've lost weight anytime my weight is lower than the previous measurement.

You can change that in your settings. I believe under news feed settings.
  • tena1028
    Options

Yeah, DrifterBear, that is why I was wondering if you could set a "weigh in" day that it would register it as your official weight to log. I don't want it to show gains/losses except once a week on the same day...Oh well...I guess I can't expect it all from technology. :)
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options

You can change that in your settings. I believe under news feed settings.

You mean change it so it doesn't post the update at all? I guess that would be better. I like the idea of only posting the change from a specific period like Saturday morning to Saturday morning.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    My scale isn't synced with MFP, I manually enter my weight on my "official" day. If I want to see more frequent fluctuations, I can go to my Fitbit account and see the trend there.
  • tena1028
    Options
    My scale isn't synced with MFP, I manually enter my weight on my "official" day. If I want to see more frequent fluctuations, I can go to my Fitbit account and see the trend there.

Oh, ok. I figured it would sync with MFP since Fitbit does.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    check your settings with Fitbit. I don't use the fitbit anymore, so only log onto fitbit to check weight fluctuations... sometimes. lol You may be able to specify what it syncs and posts
  • tena1028
    Options
    check your settings with Fitbit. I don't use the fitbit anymore, so only log onto fitbit to check weight fluctuations... sometimes. lol You may be able to specify what it syncs and posts

Will do. Thanks!
  • andrektan
    andrektan Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I had one for a while, but unfortunately it died after about a year-and-a-half. With that being said, it was good while it worked (at least the scale part of it).

I recommend taking the body fat percentage values with a (large) grain of salt, since it works off of bioelectrical impedance. I definitely noticed how much my hydration levels influenced what came up day-to-day.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about it. Alas, I can't afford it...I splurged for the Fitbit charger hr tho. I use a reg digital scal and manually enter the weight on my Fitbit app and that app transfers it here
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've heard good things about it. Alas, I can't afford it...I splurged for the Fitbit charger hr tho. I use a reg digital scal and manually enter the weight on my Fitbit app and that app transfers it here

That's what I do, I enter my weight into fitbit which then syncs to mfp and trendweight. The Aria scale is $170 here, I'm happy with my $20 target special :lol:

I've also unticked the the mfp newsfeed setting that posts my weight.
  • musicalityrnb
    musicalityrnb Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Aria scale but to be honest, I wish I just purchased a simple scale for $20. The scale seems to fluctuate with the measurements on a regular basis (e.g. Must weigh self several times before scale finally calibrates itself - I've seen this scale chart me at 10 lbs less than a week prior and I knew that was far from accurate) and doesn't always sync to the Fitbit website/app. As much of a fan I am of Fitbit, I can't say that the scale is a winner or worth the $170.
  • wolfgirl78
    wolfgirl78 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love this scale, I bought it because I like the idea of it syncing with mfp for weigh ins. I bought it more as a motivational tool to help me stay motivated. I love my electronic gadgets. That being said, nothing was wrong with my old scale, I just wanted this scale. I no longer have it set to sync with mfp, as if weighs me half a pound heavier than my older scale. I still use my old scale for weighing. Lol
  • tena1028
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Aria scale but to be honest, I wish I just purchased a simple scale for $20. The scale seems to fluctuate with the measurements on a regular basis (e.g. Must weigh self several times before scale finally calibrates itself - I've seen this scale chart me at 10 lbs less than a week prior and I knew that was far from accurate) and doesn't always sync to the Fitbit website/app. As much of a fan I am of Fitbit, I can't say that the scale is a winner or worth the $170.

If it does that to me, I am sending it back FAST! LOL
    I have heard mixed reviews on it. I hope I like it and it works properly.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options

i have it. its not a bad thing to see the ups and downs..its a trend thats ok and normal. it syncs with Fitbit which syncs with MFP. I just let it roll as i weigh and watch the graph go up and down.

regarding it working properly, i had that issue as well until i quit setting the scale on its side when not in use. its designed to be calibrated then left in place so just pick a place where you can sit it down and leave it. your results will be better. as we know, you can weigh yourself on any given day and have fluctuations that seem goofy..not the scales fault, its how our bodies process foods/hold water etc... therefore, i find the trend you get by weighing daily or nearly ever day is actually a better picture of where you are. :)
  • musicalityrnb
    musicalityrnb Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

i have it. its not a bad thing to see the ups and downs..its a trend thats ok and normal. it syncs with Fitbit which syncs with MFP. I just let it roll as i weigh and watch the graph go up and down.

regarding it working properly, i had that issue as well until i quit setting the scale on its side when not in use. its designed to be calibrated then left in place so just pick a place where you can sit it down and leave it. your results will be better. as we know, you can weigh yourself on any given day and have fluctuations that seem goofy..not the scales fault, its how our bodies process foods/hold water etc... therefore, i find the trend you get by weighing daily or nearly ever day is actually a better picture of where you are. :)

I see... I do move it when not in use so that could be it. However, I've had too many ridiculous fluctuations when using that scale and I'm well aware of the information surrounding weighing oneself - so I'd still say that's the only issue I have with it.

I will keep the scale in one place, though, and see what happens over time.