Lifting heavy turned my back into an angry troll!!!!!

Options
jstout365
jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
Really, I worked so hard to build my strength up with Strong Lifts 5x5 and then I find out that when I flex, my back looks like an Angry Troll Face!!!!

back2_zps7c4b12d6.png

AWESOME!!!!!

Now a little disclaimer.....I am not tan at all. This image was darkened to remove the background. Actually, I'm about as pale as they come. The darkening did help highlight the shadows to give a clearer outline of the muscles that I really do have.

Here is the original with a pre-Stronglifts comparison:
c80ea932-f549-48f3-8487-6311c6acdd87_zps0f985103.jpg

And before the "bulky" debate starts, I'd like to point out two things to start with 1) I still had a good amount of muscle pre-Stronglifts (I had done 6 weeks of iso lifting before SL) and 2) I am in full flex in an effort to make my muscles look big (yes, it does take effort!).

I'm not going to say I am or am not "bulky." I think it is a subjective ideal based on personal perspectives. In other words, feel free to think what you wish of my physique because I understand that tastes vary among people and it isn't going to hurt my feelings if someone doesn't think an angry troll back is cool.:drinker:

The truth is, I work hard in the gym and this is how my body is responding to what I do. I enjoy heavy lifting and get a lot out of it. I still throw cardio into the mix for a personal balance to my fitness, but I enjoy that part of it as well. I have lost a total of 23 lbs since the end of May 2012. I started this round of weight loss at 153 lbs. I got down as low as 125, but am now sitting around 130. And no, the 5 lbs that I've gained back don't bother me because I still fit into my pants and in reality, I don't look that far off of my lowest weight.

776836fd-b1b6-43ee-bec5-e6772f7cd709_zpscb8dfb62.jpg

Right now I focus on the weight I put on the bar rather than my weight on the scale. Lifting has given me both physical and emotional strength. I can deadlift over 1.5 times my body weight and almost bench my weight. I am also more confident and find that I can handle things outside of the gym with a better sense of self. Lifting heavy is not for everyone and I understand and respect that. I am just happy to have found something that I know will keep me active for decades to come so I don't have to think about starting over for a 4th time.

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Good job ;)
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats!
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Nice muscles and 6 pack! Fantastic job!
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job and the comparison pics are amazing! Keep up the great work!!
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Quite a transformation. You look great. Congrats!
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Awesome.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • russbittles
    Options
    Angry troll! That's awesome! I can't wait to sport an angry troll, instead of a lazy ogre.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Do you mind if I ask you your height? I'm thinking that you may be a shorty like me (5'2"), but it is hard to tell from the pictures. Every body is different and my overall shape is different from yours, but you have given me a glimpse of what can be accomplished with lifting. That's why I was wondering about your height, because if you are the same height, then I am at a point very close to where you were when you started in September, 2012 (as far as height/weight/body fat).

Oh, and, I forgot to say, Kudos! You look great!
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I :heart: your gorgeous angry troll back!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Looking strong lady. Great work.
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Whoa, now that's rippin' it. Great job!
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job and you look AWESOME!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    You look so awesome and have worked so hard! I'm super proud of you and you are such an inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! :drinker: Here's to the angry troll!!!!
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Great work!
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Awesome work and results, and love the angry troll! :laugh: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!