Bariatric Frienfs

Options
I am 1yr post op Gastric Bypas HW 41OLB SW 378LB CW 218LB If you are looking for friends so am I to motivate and encourage each other.

Replies

• acg2010
    acg2010 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your journey!!
  • sarahcoz76
    sarahcoz76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also one year post op 8/31/16...message me if you'd like to chat! :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep up the great work!
  • katie2pot2
    katie2pot2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Seven years post op
  • Minskygirl
    Minskygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am scheduled for gastric sleeve in mid November. I was originally scheduled for October 8 but backed out the day before my consent visit. I have rescheduled but I am considering canceling altogether if I can stick with a healthy lifestyle and try to lose the weight on my own. I want to lose about 120 pounds. It seems overwhelming and impossible to do without the surgery. Do you have any regrets? I would appreciate any of your comments.
  • Tdigell1
    Tdigell1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tina, I had my sleeve done on August 31.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm Paul, my next visit will be the one where I can schedule. 6 months and 40 lbs gone. 110 to go. I have decided on the sleeve. The dietician says not a lot of men do it. I am worried that if I lose the weight by myself I will become satisfied at a bad weight and decide it's good enough then all I lost and more will come back
  • ThatNurseKt
    ThatNurseKt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had rny 2/22/16. I lost 54lbs before surgery and 126 since surgery.
  • jgstaple
    jgstaple Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    11 yrs post rny gastric bypass. Before 320# lowest 140# present weight post 2 kids. 180.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    All you post surgery folks, how is maintenence long term? Is it hard to maintain your target weight? What is the one thing you didn't expect, good or bad
  • labmanagerbill
    labmanagerbill Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of having surgery myself. I am worried about the post op maintenance and restrictions. Thank you guys for sharing your stories.
  • Sumaire66
    Sumaire66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery on October 27th of this year, and have had no complications as a result, and I'm nearly 7 weeks out at this point.

I'm down 32 pounds since my surgery date, and am nearly 50 pounds down from my highest weight.

I'd do this all over again, if I had to in order to have this tool.

I'd tried so many other ways to get rid of the weight over the past couple decades, but was unsuccessful. Finally, I'm seeing a bit of light at the end of the tunnel.