Hibachi restaurant for dinner! Help

Options
So, dinner tonight is at a Japanese hibachi restaurant! I ate a pretty light lunch (230 calorie lettuce wrap), so I have 1370 calories left for the day. I know it's quite a bit to work with, but I have no idea what to eat and how to estimate the calories. I had a bad week last week with bingeing, so I want to stay on track with my calorie goal. What would you guys get? How might you estimate it? :) Thanks!!

Replies

• chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I would think hibachi would be pretty easy to eat lighter calorie on. I'd just google benihana calories and pick something similar.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Benihana is so expensive! I don't think I can go wild with ordering :):)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I eat there. I love this place..

I never log it. I just quick calorie my whole day because I over eat there every time and if you were to look to close to the food its all bad.. I mean really good! :):)

I eat Chinese donuts every time I go!! yummilicious!

If you have been bingeing and off point with your diet, this is not the place that will do a lot for the waistline.. Just Enjoy it and deal with it later!
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    YUM! I would go easy on the rice and sauce but everything else should be fairly easy to work in your calories. With 1370 calories you might not even need to go that easy.

Shrimp tends to have a good amount of protein for the calories, unless you need more fat and want to do the steak. Chicken is always a reasonable choice.

If you want to, you can sometimes ask for additional grilled veggies instead of the rice and/or get plain rice instead of fried.

There are a number of chain hibachi restaurants in the database so you should be able to find something similar.

Enjoy!!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I always ask for extra veggies when doing hibachi, try to fill up on those and remember you don't have to eat all the rice, meat, etc. - you can take home leftovers!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    i would just use the nutrition information from benihana to estimate your intake... its pretty easy to fit in your day depending what you order of course.