Post workout Snack

Options
Is it a good idea to eat a snack after a workout? what are some good snack ideas?

Replies

• mochachichi
    mochachichi Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Besides chocolate milk, some other ideas are orange juice and a yogurt; whole-grain bread
    and peanut butter or bread and a hard-boiled egg or even have your well-balanced dinner
    within 2 hours of your workout
  • mochachichi
    Options
    ...but i would be neglect in my duties if I didn't mention that hydration is king after a workout and you want to drink 2-3 cups of water for every pound of body weight you lose during a workout.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    ...but i would be neglect in my duties if I didn't mention that hydration is king after a workout and you want to drink 2-3 cups of water for every pound of body weight you lose during a workout.

Body weight as in water lost during sweating?
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    My go to snack is protein powder. Post workout is an optimal time to consume protein. Protein powder is convenient. Then I eat dinner when I get home.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty fond of a latte after a long run. That gives me a bit of protein and sugar from the milk, a little lift from the caffeine and a nice bit of relaxation from the environment. Especially since I've found a great coffee van by the river so I've started exploring every direction I can find that starts and ends at that particular spot :)
  • mochachichi
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »

Body weight as in water lost during sweating?

Ya that's it. You would have to weigh yourself before and after your workout (and nobody really does that because we don't carry scales around with us...but play along here) and if you lost 1 pound for example, you would drink 2-3 cups of water. That is a good post workout hydration schedule. I just workout at home and find I lose half a pound to a pound...sometimes none but then again I'm drinking all the way through my workout too.