Watermelon

Options
Josh_lol
Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
ed03c6c3xtvl.png
Anyone else on here who loves watermelon? I think it's great since I can eat a fair amount of it to curb my hunger without having to suffer from eating a ton of calories as well. It's juicy and the perfect snack on a hot day.
Who's with me? :wink:

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I love it. I ate a whole melon over the course of some days this year and ate pounds of the stuff when i was in the hospital last year.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I love all the melons (cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew). Very refreshing on a hot day.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I eat watermelon daily! I am a melon fan in general.. love it really nice and cold!

I am kind of bad that I sprinkle salt on it.. LOL I love black pepper on my cantaloupe..LOL
  • hokiemom14
    hokiemom14 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love it and all melons. It's so awesome this time of year!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I looked this up, and 16 ounce glass of the liquid would be only 128 calories.
    That's surprisingly low. Has to be wrong.

Adding: Change liquid to juice from watermelon. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I looked this up, and 16 ounce glass of the liquid would be only 128 calories.
    That's surprisingly low. Has to be wrong.

What liquid? :huh:
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I loooooove watermelon season! Besides eating it plain I also like to turn it into a salad with feta cheese, balsamic vinegar, and red onions. Sounds bizarre but really delicious!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I could just eat watermelon all day. I might have to pee 100 times that day, but it would be worth it, lol.
  • tanyabnrd795
    tanyabnrd795 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love it . Snacking on watermelon right now!
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Love it. Almost daily I have been having that mixed with other melons.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too.

I just miss the watermelons I used to get as a kid. The newer varieties the stores are carrying aren't nearly as tasty. The ones at our local farmers market haven't been any better.

I did find yet another variety to try and it's sitting on my kitchen counter even now, waiting for me to cut into it. My hopes are high! :wink:
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I used to HATE watermelon. I mean, so much that I'd get nauseous just SMELLING it! Then, after a LOOOONG, hot and humid day at a soccer tournament on Saturday, my wife offered me some of her watermelon, all cut and chilled and juicy and delicious and low in calories and... 'scuse me, I think it's time to leave work and have some watermelon!
  • tanyabnrd795
    tanyabnrd795 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lol I know right? That sounds so good! And the best part low in calories :)
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Love it - I always have watermelon in the house, even though it can get really pricey off season here. I get those little personal size ones, but for Fathers Day coming up, I bought a big one, as I am doing a watermelon, feta cheese and olive salad (theres other stuff in it but those are the main ingredients!)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Made a watermelon cucumber salad for dinner yesterday. It was yummy
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    its one if my favorite foods.. even out of season when it sucks. I eat it usually everyday. anywhere from 200-700 grams haha id eat more probably. What i love about it is when im hot and thirsty its so satisfying. Cold and hydrating. If i am dehydrated from just not drinking a lot of water i crave it like crazy.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    So disappointed - had to cut off a good quarter of my watermelon because it went all soft like it had a massive bruise. What was left was OK - good flavor, but the flesh was stringy. Ah, well, the search continues!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I love me some watermelon!!!! I've been bringing some for lunch for a month now that we are getting ripe ones in our stores:)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Love! Favorite fruit.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Adore it! Need to buy another one tomorrow