Any other 5'4 125lb females? (Or similar)

Options
Wonder what women similar to myself are doing for their weight loss; how many calories and what exercise are you doing? And how much are you losing per week roughly?

Thanks!

Replies

• mltrades
    mltrades Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4" and I started at 127 and am now at ~120. MFP started me on 1200 calories/day with a loss of 0.7 lb/week. It's been about 0.5 lbs/week, since I have had quite a few maintenance days in there. Obviously it's tough when you're already at a "healthy" weight. (I have a somewhat small frame and short torso so I don't like the way I look/clothes fit when I get past 125.) I run 5–6 days per week (min 5 km) and play sports 2–3 days per week on top of that. Also, I log my weight almost every day to see the trend. Generally fluctuates from 120-124 or so, but when I started it was 126-128. Anyways, hope that helps!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and in my maintenance range of 120-130lbs now, but if I need to calorie bank, I usually cut cals to around 1000-1200. I then usually run about 25 miles a week. My job is desk jockey. Lightly active at home. Weight flies off at a one lb a week average (I have a Friday cheat meal on the regular - in theory, I could be losing more weight, but not interested in giving that up, particularly at my weight).

Easiest way for me to cut cals is with Pasta Zero, egg whites, low cal and carb wraps, salsa, Greek yogurt and/or skyr, Truvia, Torani sugar free syrups, pork loin, chicken tenderloins, cole slaw mix, steamed veggies, grilled asparagus, frozen/fresh berries, Litehouse Bacon Vinaigrette, Bolthouse Farms Cilantro and Avocado dressing, baked potatoes (not loaded of course!), FF or reduced fat cheese, veggie/ground turkey/pork loin chili, etc. Some days, I had problems even making it to 1000 cals, believe it or not.
  • hargrave81
    hargrave81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mltrades wrote: »
    Hi, I'm 5'4" and I started at 127 and am now at ~120. MFP started me on 1200 calories/day with a loss of 0.7 lb/week. It's been about 0.5 lbs/week, since I have had quite a few maintenance days in there. Obviously it's tough when you're already at a "healthy" weight. (I have a somewhat small frame and short torso so I don't like the way I look/clothes fit when I get past 125.) I run 5–6 days per week (min 5 km) and play sports 2–3 days per week on top of that. Also, I log my weight almost every day to see the trend. Generally fluctuates from 120-124 or so, but when I started it was 126-128. Anyways, hope that helps!

)ĺ)))>[000
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'4", currently at 127 but would love to maintain 120-125. For exercise I am focusing on making some lifting gains over the next three weeks while maintain a running base of 35 miles per week. In three weeks I'll be starting a marathon training plan and trying to maintain lifting levels. I'm currently eating 1700-1900 a day.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    A lot of it this going to depend on your body frame and muscle mass so keep that in mind when reading people's responses. I'm 5'3.5" and have a fairly large frame, wide shoulders and a large ribcage. My sister, however, is very small framed at around the same height and she would look much larger than I do at the same weight.

As an example of how this can make a difference, I started lifting weights a few years ago. I'm about as small at 132 pounds now as I was at 125 pounds before I started lifting. Not only does the tape measure show this, I am also wearing the same pants. I can eat more now and maintain my weight since my metabolism is higher with more mass and muscle. I'm also firmer and have some muscle definition. I greatly prefer the way I look now.

You asked about routine. I run every other day and lift weights on the weekdays between running days. The distance I run each day depends on the time of year. Race season is in the winter and in December I'm running 7 or 8 miles on weekdays and up to 13 miles once a week on the weekend. In the summer, it's hot and there are no races so I'm running only 3 or 4 miles before work and 5 miles or so on the weekends.

I generally eat 1500 calories per day, more if I'm running farther. I'm not trying very hard to lose weight. I'm pretty happy where I am but I've set my goal to 128 just because it keeps me motivated.
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi ya I'm 5ft 4.5" I am currently 127 goal is 126 at the mo I was 9st 7lb! I'm not sure how sybstanable going any lower is? I'm doing Slimfast diet x