Time for a change - looking for friends!

Options
Magicalmomma
Magicalmomma Posts: 14 Member
Been having a difficult month. I had surgery on my shoulder 3 weeks ago and have fallen into a great depression because of it. I feel useless since I can't do anything with my right arm (and of course I'm right handed). So today, I had an epiphany. NO MORE feeling sorry for myself. I have to eat right and exercise for ME, not my husband, not my children, not my friends, but FOR ME!! Can't lift weights, bike or run, but I can certainly get my fat butt onto the treadmill and walk. It starts today!! Thanks for letting me rant! Anybody who would like to add me as a friend, I would appreciate all the help I can get. :o

Replies

• SashEdwards
    SashEdwards Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good for you, where there's a will there's a way ;)
  • DeekGeek
    DeekGeek Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I went through something similar after having surgery on my arm in late 2012. It took me the better part of 2013 to figure out that I had to stop making excuses and do whatever I was capable of doing, no matter how small it might appear. You can do this! Keep going!
  • scrubman
    scrubman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have three jeeps. 2007. 2003, 1997. Add me if you like
  • dpeck78
    dpeck78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Take a walk outside and get some sunshine. I don't like walking on the treadmill so I often walk at home using the Leslie Sansome Walk at Home DVD's. There is parts with arms but you can just walk through those. Start off with one mile and increase as you can. I have lost 21 pounds in 2 1/2 months walking and cutting carbs and counting calories. I will keep you in my prayers as you start this journey. Good luck!