Options
2»

Replies

• endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »
    WBB55 wrote: »
    "fill up"? I don't know that I usually eat until I feel "full up." That feeling usually makes me feel terrible, and I actually try to avoid it. Except for holidays or special occasions. And even then, it's more of a daylong grazing event than a huge meal all at once.

This.

There was a Taco Bell ad some years ago where the people in it were celebrating because they were "full." I think their stomachs even bulged out to show just how "full" they were. That one ad encapsulated everything wrong with our modern relationship to food. IMO, the point of eating is not to feel full, but to extinguish the sense of hunger.
    Re the bold part..

Are you talking about for dieting/losing weight? And/or on philosophical and biological basis?

For me it's unnecessary to eat just enough to extinguish the sense of hunger. Depending on one's eating management strategy, a person can eat until he feels very full and happy. Eating can also be for pleasure, enjoyment other than nourishment.

While I'm curing my eating disorder, I'm careful that I don't move from one disorder to another, well, many other disorders (losing the sense of feeling full eating pleasurably from years of moderation, picking up obsessive behaviors, developing guilt, negative emotions associated with eating).