Hello, beautiful people!

Options
yantari
yantari Posts: 13 Member
My name is Anna, I'm 23 years old at the moment. Originally I am from Poland but at the moment I live in an amazing country of Iceland. Since I was very young I was always involved with sports. First it was swimming, then dancing and then I stack with volleyball for almost 8 years. I've never been built same way as girls my age. I've always been bigger but since I was playing volleyball semi-professionally you can guess I was quite fit. I was always extremely cheerful person, full of ideas, always willing to try.
When I was 20 I moved to Iceland and a lot of different reasons (main one - poorly matched for me contraception pills) resulted in me gaining around 35kg (77lbs). Being homesick, in a country without any family besides my Icelandic boyfriend (I see my family once a year for about two weeks), struggling with getting new friends and trying to fit in completely different social standards and I believe most of all, my weight and looks.. I became a person who runs away from people, hides, passes on chances.
I don't know what exactly happened but something clicked. After so many times feeling completely miserable I decided that instead of whining about everything I will just make a change. That I decided to move to a foreign country, to get involved in a wonderful relationship. I realized that decision is mine to make. So I made one and now I'm here. 10 days into my weight loss journey.
First time I stepped on the scale in years about 10 days ago it showed 115,1kg (253lbs) with my 172cm (5"6ft) which puts me deep into the obesity category. I bought myself a diet plan, I try to work out (I actually started enjoying it, especially swimming!) and at the moment I lost 3kg (6,5lbs) which makes me incredibly happy. My very ambitious goal is 70kg (154lbs) which seems out of this world because last time I weighted that much I was probably about 16 years old.

Oh well, if you are still with me here, just feel free to add me. I would love to have some people around me with the same goal.
Have a wonderful day/night people! Cheers.

Replies

• whathaveyoudonetoday
    Options
    You are in the right place. I have lots to lose as well. Hopefully we can keep each other on track.