Sensible Eaters ... and silly people?

Options
sympha01
sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
Would love to find some over 40s folks who are trying to achieve significant weight loss goals with sensible, sustainable eating habits and without resorting to pseudoscience, fads, or starving themselves!

Silliness otherwise greatly appreciated!

vca0QuE.gif

Replies

• dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm closer to 40 than I am to 30. I eat sensibly most of the time. Feel free to add me :-)
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I am over 40. I'm not sure what you consider sensible eating.. I am moving towards minimal processed foods, and more real food. We are eliminating wheat however and cutting some carbs - DH's request for his health reasons - so I am accommodating him sometimes. I'm trying to keep to real foods (butter not butter like substance, whole eggs not egg substitute, steel cut oats, banana not banana flavored pudding). I can however be supportive of anyone's choices so long as they are not something harmful. I think we may not all need to follow one single path.
  • familyizzy
    familyizzy Posts: 26
    Options
    You can add me. I'm in my 40's trying to lose weight but doing small changes at a time. Thinking more long term life changes and not quick diet fix. It has to be real food for me.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and I actively scoff at diet fads and trends. My belief system is that it is best for me to eat sensibly and exercise wisely. So, maybe I'm losing my weight a bit more slowly than someone who is 'doing' a pre-written diet, but whatever. I know that I'll be able to continue these eating habits for years and years.

And yes, I'm a silly, dorky, goofball :-)
  • sympha01
    Options
    I am over 40. I'm not sure what you consider sensible eating.. I am moving towards minimal processed foods, and more real food. We are eliminating wheat however and cutting some carbs - DH's request for his health reasons - so I am accommodating him sometimes. I'm trying to keep to real foods (butter not butter like substance, whole eggs not egg substitute, steel cut oats, banana not banana flavored pudding). I can however be supportive of anyone's choices so long as they are not something harmful. I think we may not all need to follow one single path.

Thanks! All I mean is avoiding extremes, using good common sense, etc. Not starving oneself, not falling for food fads, following basic, generally accepted nutrition advice not controversial food cranks. Etc.

I agree with all your stuff: better to eat "real food" than try to cut calories or fat with processed stuff, especially butter! I just eat less butter now. :smile:
  • sympha01
    Options
    I'm 45 and I actively scoff at diet fads and trends. My belief system is that it is best for me to eat sensibly and exercise wisely. So, maybe I'm losing my weight a bit more slowly than someone who is 'doing' a pre-written diet, but whatever. I know that I'll be able to continue these eating habits for years and years.

And yes, I'm a silly, dorky, goofball :-)

Dorky, active scoffery, check!
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I'm well into my 40s, finding a thin person for the first time in 20 years, and try to eat really well. I'm a fanatic about fresh fruit & veggies, but love some junk now and then. I want to make this a lifestyle, so I can be hot at 55 and 60 and beyond, but also - healthy! Plus eating right feels good :) My new addiction is exercise.

I'm a bit of a smart *kitten*, but will also tell you what I think with kindness. I log daily. I rant. I complain. I comment. I enjoy this site way too much some days....