I'm a carbaholic!

Options
My name is Amber. I'm in my 30's and currently have about 80 lbs. to lose to be at a healthy weight again. Health issues have played a role in my weight gain but I can't blame it all on that. I'm a carbaholic!

I joined MFP last fall and lost 30 lbs. And the encouragement and motivation from people here was a big part of that. I lost my motivation and gained a few lbs back. I have spent the last few months trying to get back in the mindset for weight loss and a healthy lifestyle. I think I'm on my way, but I could use a little boost from motivation and accountability. Anybody want to read and share encouraging words and the occasional kick in the butt, feel free to friend me.

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Well, I have good news for you! Barring any health issues that would require you to limit your carb intake, you can eat all the carbs you want and still lose weight if you stay within your calories. The one thing I cut out of my diet to lose weight was full calorie soda (which I replaced with diet soda) because I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them. Otherwise, I still have it all but in moderation.
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love my carbs but I've almost totally cut them out. After a few days my cravings are gone. Add me....ill talk you off of the pasta, bread ledge :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I love carbs too! Check out my diary, it is open to all. I eat with moderation in mind and have been at my goal weight for a year. Carbs are not the enemy, too many calories are! You can do this!
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Take progress pics and whenever you fade - look at them.

Also motivation gets you moving. Just commit to one healthy act and stick to it that's it. Make it a habit .

Sow an thought, reap an act
    Sow an act, reap a habit
    Sow a habit, reap a character
    Sow a character and reap a Destiny.

Alright, good luck!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I love carbs too! Check out my diary, it is open to all. I eat with moderation in mind and have been at my goal weight for a year. Carbs are not the enemy, too many calories are! You can do this!

Exactly this. I've lost 60+ lbs (and keep losing consistently) and I eat carbs all the time. No low carb, low fat, low sugar or anything else. Just monitoring my calories and making sure I'm eating fewer than I expend.
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I also have a hard time staying away from carbs. Bread and sugar are my frenemies. :smile:
  • ayrivera889
    ayrivera889 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I'm 67 lbs away from my goal. We can do this!!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I love carbs also but due to my medical history am watching them along with my calories. I average 80 grams per day. I have lost 7.4 pounds in about 3 weeks. I am enjoying finding new recipes that I can share with my adult sons who live with me. I add some additional sides for them since they don't have the 80-100 pounds to lose that I do. My diary is open to friends and this week I also started posting some of the recipes I found. Caprese Chicken, Red Curry Chicken and tonight we had Cashew Chicken. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Find a balance between how many carbs you enjoy eating and how many fit well into your diet. Do I like carbs? Yes. Am I hungry when I diet on high carb...even maintain on high carb? Hell yes. If that's not you, do your thing.
  • learntolovetheburn15
    learntolovetheburn15 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love carbs too :)