Zoloft and Weight loss

ParkersMomma2010
ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all my fellow weight loss buddies! I recently had my baby boy in February and have gotten back on the healthy eating track and have lost 4 pounds in about 3 weeks. This is not my first time losing weight as I dropped 100 pounds after high school.

On to the question, it seems that this weight is coming off much slower and I know its only been 3 weeks. Has anyone had experience taking the anti-anxiety med Zoloft while dieting. Was weight harder to drop as a result? Just trying to figure out whats going on. Im doing so good with this diet and am not going to quit. Im 26 so still fairly young, maybe is it because its baby weight that its harder to get off or could it possibly be the Zoloft? Thanks everyone!

Replies

• I am taking Zoloft and have been for quite a few years. I don't think it has really hindered me any. Everyone's body chemistry is different though, of course. Good luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I've been, at one time in my life, on several anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds. Zoloft actually made me lose weight/my appetite.

But, everybody's different.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Having a baby will also make weight loss slow. Remember it took you 9 months to put the weight on...it's going to take a long time to come off. A pound a week is good, that means it's more likely to stay off for the long term.
    I take anti anxiety meds and I do find that they slow it down a bit too. I feel like I'm fighting against them sometimes, but plug away because I know eventually I will win! Besides, I look at my mental health first....exercise and eating right makes me less anxious, and it makes me strong and healthy for my kids!
  • Callmefia
    Callmefia Posts: 42
    My Dr. put me on it because its not supposed to hinder weight loss. It made me lose my appetite when I first was on it!
    Everyone is different though!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    My dr told me that it should not cause weight gain and that a lot of people actually lose weight when taking it. Mostly because they are feeling better. i take mine for depression, not anxiety though.
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Thanks everyone for your kind words!!! I have dropped 4 pounds in 3 weeks so its coming off. I think I just need to implement exercise more into my routine. Like the previous poster mentioned, my emotional health takes first over any other. Just thought I would rule the Zoloft out.
This discussion has been closed.