Running questions - C25K

Options
Okay everyone,

I just started C25k, and I am doing it outside, so it is a lot more difficult than my usual cardio on the treadmill. I found myself so tired yesterday during the 1st day of the 2nd week, I could barely finish, but I did and today felt better. I am not sure if 3 days a week is enough. I don't want an injury, but I just feel like I should be doing more. I signed up for a 5k with a friend, and although I know I can walk some, I would really like to run the whole thing. Have any of you done it more than 3 days a week? Do you do any other exercises? Should I be lifting? I want to do everything I can to lose weight on top of training for the 5k. What do you suggest. I need some guidance.

Thanks!

Replies

• nanook37
    nanook37 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you have the time to get ready, 3 runs a week is enough - if C25K is killing you in week 2 you are probably running too fast during the runs (a treadmill is nice for this since you can set the pace but running outside is more fun) - I would always recommend lifting partially because I like it but take everything slow and one day at a time.... Pushing to hard will probably get you hurt...
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I've been doing C25k the recommended 3 times a week and even repeated week 2 a couple of times before finally starting week 3 yesterday.I am not overdoing it because I don't want to risk an injury because I have no insurance at the moment.I strength train with my P90 dvd's on my day's off in addition to adding an easy hour walk to it on those days too.As far as losing weight goes....I'm losing it pretty slowly but I'm just happy to eat more food and still lose weight even if it's a small amount lol.