Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Peeing in the shower saves water

Replies

• Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    I only did that when I was in Iraq the first time, and that's because we didn't have flush toilets available OR water to flush with.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Speaking of cleaning

jzvt2blpdw7w.jpg

why does the guy look like he's grabbing boobs
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Peeing off one of my porches saves even more than peeing in the shower
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    _John_ wrote: »

Even if you leave the shower to pee off of the porch? Hope you turn the shower off while gone, otherwise it would use much more water.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Speaking of cleaning

jzvt2blpdw7w.jpg

why does the guy look like he's grabbing boobs

ummm no, he looks like he may have "sharted"
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited June 2016
    285to170 wrote: »
    So does peeing in the bushes

This is why I never sit on nature. No idea who's bodily fluids id be Sitting on. :s

But pee is sterile. lol

EDITED: Ok, maybe not. A lot of people still think it is though. lol I always thought that was a weird concept anyway.
  • wizzybeth
    This is the fcuking reason I got warts on my feet maybe when I used to shower in the gym.

These days I just don't shower in the gym at all. Always at home. And I don't pee in the shower. I don't like seeing my feet immersed in yellow water. You weirdos! ;)

warts are caused by viruses/bacteria not pee

Shower shoes...I always wear flip flops if I am showering at a gym, campground,etc.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,396 Member
    wizzybeth wrote: »

This is why I never sit on nature. No idea who's bodily fluids id be Sitting on. :s

But pee is sterile. lol

EDITED: Ok, maybe not. A lot of people still think it is though. lol I always thought that was a weird concept anyway.

From what I understand, the pee by itself is sterile but once it leaves the body through your urinary meatus (pee hole) then it is exposed to bacteria, making it not sterile anymore.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Never mind peeing in the shower if you think that's gross some people go the whole hog and consume the stuff I mean who started that ? How many calories in that ? Lol
  • wizzybeth

But pee is sterile. lol

From what I understand, the pee by itself is sterile but once it leaves the body through your urinary meatus (pee hole) then it is exposed to bacteria, making it not sterile anymore.

Nope..newer studies say not. :/
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    erickirb wrote: »
    _John_ wrote: »

Even if you leave the shower to pee off of the porch? Hope you turn the shower off while gone, otherwise it would use much more water.

Of course I pee while the shower isn't going.

I'd assume most watch where they're shooting when they pee in the shower, so for 15-60 seconds of concentration I could be saving those precious seconds and instead staring out across the field yawning with my hands in the air looking for deer across a dewy meadow.

So yes, saves water over peeing in the shower. 10 seconds (low concentration estimate) at 2.3 gpm x 365 showers/year is 134 gallons per year. (365 assumes I'm gone some days of the year and includes 1 shower per day and days I have to mow, or cut up firewood/down trees).
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,396 Member

But pee is sterile. lol

Nope..newer studies say not. :/

Ooh. Hmmmm... Well, still not interesting enough for me to look in to it, lol.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    I'm anal...I wouldn't stand barefoot in a public shower (gym etc) just for this reason! At home, it's fair game...my pee, my germs :p

This is probably the worst way to start a sentence when the topic is being naked in the shower and urination.. A persons mind races to try to connect the dots ..."I'm anal"
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    ejinvt wrote: »
    sket0f6p59b7.gif

great. now i have to pee and i'm nowhere close to a shower.
  • labgirl77
    labgirl77 Posts: 18 Member
    My fiancé does that. If were chilling enjoying the evening over a few drinks outside in the evening on our patio, he won't waste a few steps to the house, he will just pee outside...LOL!! And back to the chatting we go..LOL!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    There are people that don't pee in the shower? Weird.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    I feel like such a jerk for peeing in the toilet before showering.

I peed outside behind a bush the other day on a hike, though. That's pretty good, too, right?