My Foods Shared Data Base

Options
AMRROL
AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
I am a bit annoyed. I painstakingly transcribe nutritional information from package labels when creating new entries into My Foods. I share this information with other MFP users, which means it goes into the shared data base. I regularly discover that other users have edited this information with conflicting or inaccurate information. I have to decided going forward, not to share My Food items with other users.

Is there any way for me to delete the entries that I shared to the data base, so that I can clean up My Foods list? Or is it stuck in the shared data base forever?

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Yes if you click on my foods, then click on a food and to the right at the top there's a button for editing or deleting that food.
    I'm the same I enter all my foods manually and don't share with the database as they can be changed by someone else.
  • AMRROL
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »
    Yes if you click on my foods, then click on a food and to the right at the top there's a button for editing or deleting that food.
    I'm the same I enter all my foods manually and don't share with the database as they can be changed by someone else.

That only works for foods not shared. I am asking if there is a way to delete the foods that I have already shared.
  • mayoosh_primrose
    mayoosh_primrose Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Must be very annoying! I hope you find a way to do that :smile:
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    AMRROL wrote: »

That only works for foods not shared. I am asking if there is a way to delete the foods that I have already shared.

In that case the only way I know of is to delete your whole account and start a new one. That's what I did.
  • AMRROL
    Options

In that case the only way I know of is to delete your whole account and start a new one. That's what I did.

Ugh, not going to do that. Too much work and too much valuable historical information lost if I did that.
  • fr33sia12
    Options

Ugh, not going to do that. Too much work and too much valuable historical information lost if I did that.

Or just start a new account with a different email address and keep this account too. That's your only options or just make sure you check your foods haven't been edited when you add them to your diary.
  • Can_Do_Gal
    Can_Do_Gal Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Wait...where's the option to share foods to the database? I never noticed that & thought all entries had to be shared.
  • fr33sia12
    Options
    Can_Do_Gal wrote: »
    Wait...where's the option to share foods to the database? I never noticed that & thought all entries had to be shared.

Yeh when you manually add your food at the bottom you're asked if you want to add it to a meal then underneath do you want to share in the database.