Cucumber/lemon water with Mint

Options
I got this recipe from a friend of mine and decided to give it a try. I followed her recipe (1 half of cucumber, 1 whole lemon, and 12-14 mint leaves) and mixed it. After 24 hours, I fixed a glass to take to the gym with me and it was good, just had a real strong cucumber taste. Second time around, I decided not to use a half of cucumber, I used 1/4 of the cucumber and it still has a strong cucumber taste. What am I doing wrong? I really like this water, just not the cucumber taste. Does anyone have any suggestions to take away the cucumber taste?

Replies

• PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Omit the cucumber?
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Don't use the cucumber? I don't see anything wrong with lemon mint water. :wink:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Did you skin it? Sometimes the flesh isn't as strong tasting as the skin. Otherwise try watermelon...yum!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Drink something you enjoy instead, IMO.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If you add a couple of slices of raw potato it will take away the cucumber taste.
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I've found several recipes for flavored waters on Pinterest which are delicious and a nice change of pace. Nose around there and maybe you will find something you enjoy more. You could also remove the cucumber after is has seeped for X number of hours to reduce its strong flavor.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    If you add a couple of slices of raw potato it will take away the cucumber taste.
    My grandmother would do that! Oh, the memories... Her cucumber water never tasted like cucumber. THIS WORKS!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Guiness-Brilliant.jpg
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Just don't use the cucumber. Add in something you like better instead.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Don't use the cucumber? I don't see anything wrong with lemon mint water. :wink:

This. Cucumber water is gross. Lemon Mint water sounds much better.