The never ending plateau and low bmr

Options
Hey there-
So I'm in month three of a plateau. My weight loss was chugging along at a nice pace up until that point (I've been at this over a year), but my metabolism has bottomed out (yes, I do strength training) with a bmr under 1200 (got it professionally tested). This means that on days where I don't burn a ton of exercise calories, I can't eat much more than that. Problem is, my appetite is just as ferocious as it ever was. Not eating is not an option. I regularly eat between 1400 and 1800 due to my low bmr, but it is a struggle, and unfortunately I'm starting to feel like this whole losing-weight-and-keeping-it-off thing might actually be hopeless. I can barely maintain where I'm at now.
Honestly, I'm not really looking for advice. I needed very much to vent, and can't do it to anyone else in the real world.
I'd like to lose another 30 lbs. Not vanity lbs- getting just into the "normal" bmi and back to where I was as an undergrad. That is still the goal, but it seems further away than ever now.

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You don't want any advice? 3 months? I would be batty and understand ranting, but I would really want someone out there with experience to help me stop spinning my wheels...

You got your BMR tested, did you get some blood work done to rule out anything additional from the professionals?

I am going to presume you are not weighing food, and are already eating at maintenance calories and has nothing to do with having a lower BMR. Calculators have my BMR from 1092 to 1225 to 1320... I can still loose weight and I am a short person.

and I am not sure what you mean by "and can't do it anyone else in the real world".. you mean this ranting? Perhaps you really want some help.. cause the ranting is not going to give you a real world solution...
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with needing a place to vent and share frustrations. Maybe @Ponkeen doesn't have a good support system at home that can relate to what she is going through. Sometimes being able to vent to people that are in the same or similar situations can be very helpful.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I get feeling hopeless, and feeling miserable, and feeling like there is no solution.. But guess what, there always is one.

And the point that she cannot rant to anyone else in the real world (outside of strangers now on the internet) tell me sh has "ranted" all her support away.. :) I just call it like I see it.