Sweet tooth

Options
2»

Replies

• CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    lexbubbles wrote: »
    Try 99% dark chocolate. You can only eat a few squares at a time, as it is so rich! Add nuts and it's like eating chocolate coated nuts. Yum!

7g of Lindt 99% chocolate (3 squares) and 10g roasted & salted almonds is a filling, delicious snack for just 106 calories.

I'm convinced people who say this just don't actually like dark chocolate because I am every bit as capable of eating a whole 100g bar of that in one go as I am of milk chocolate (and every bit as incapable of stopping myself from doing that, so I don't buy it)

I DO love dark chocolate, but the 99% stuff is so deliciously rich, any more than a few squares is overkill.

I am just as capable of eating a whole chocolate bar if I want to, but the key is just taking a small amount and putting the rest back in the cupboard / fridge.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Try 99% dark chocolate. You can only eat a few squares at a time, as it is so rich! Add nuts and it's like eating chocolate coated nuts. Yum!

7g of Lindt 99% chocolate (3 squares) and 10g roasted & salted almonds is a filling, delicious snack for just 106 calories.

I'm convinced people who say this just don't actually like dark chocolate because I am every bit as capable of eating a whole 100g bar of that in one go as I am of milk chocolate (and every bit as incapable of stopping myself from doing that, so I don't buy it)

Yep, I can and have had an entire bar of dark chocolate at once. It's so delicious, I always have to stop before I am ready to.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options

I DO love dark chocolate, but the 99% stuff is so deliciously rich, any more than a few squares is overkill.

I am just as capable of eating a whole chocolate bar if I want to, but the key is just taking a small amount and putting the rest back in the cupboard / fridge.

No but I mean it isn't "so rich" that I feel sated after a few squares. I have the exact same reaction to eating dark choc as I do milk choc. No difference. At all. None. Exact same thing. There is no such thing as "overkill" with dark chocolate because I really genuinely love dark chocolate.

I'm no more capable of taking a small amount of putting it back as I am milk chocolate because, too me, dark chocolate is just as delicious and moreish etc etc etc as milk chocolate. If I had a small amount of anything and was then like "ugh no don't want any more of THAT it's too rich/it's overkill" I'd just accept the fact I clearly didn't like it all that much to start with.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options

Yep, I can and have had an entire bar of dark chocolate at once. It's so delicious, I always have to stop before I am ready to.

Yup! Everyone suggests it as some sort of replacement for milk chocolate because there's no way you could want to eat as much of it and it's just "oh, my sweet summer child I have much self control around 99% lindt as I do a bar of dairy milk"
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas! (except for fruit, lol, I'll try to eat more of it)
    shinycrazy where do you buy that pudding?

My Kroger has a refrigerated shelf in the middle of the aisle for baking and pudding boxes. There you can find the snack cups premade.

f5wdqg12cd5z.jpg

wtcdm7wj2v42.png
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Chocolate pnut butter milkshake?

You could use fat free/low sugar frozen yogurt(chocolate)
    A spoonful of peanut butter
    Ice cubes
    And blend in the blender! Yum!

Or try:
    Apples w chocolate syrup whipped cream and a few salted peanuts, yes there's fruit in there! Lol

I love eating plain marshmallows and salted peanuts
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Just give it up. It will be hard for three or four days but then the cravings will go away. I have as big a sweet tooth as anyone and I've gone a month with no refined sugar. Everything tastes better, especially fruit. I'd rather have no sugar than any of the substitutes out there. Cold turkey...do it!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    There are 1000 kinds of Greek yogurt with chocolate, nuts, sprinkles, etc.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. With light brown sugar and cinnamon. Mmmm.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    eandasher wrote: »
    chocolate protein shake // smoothie with chocolate protein if you wanna be a boss add in kale, broccoli, strawberries, and a splash of oj with ice chunks.
    This is great. If you freeze your strawberries you don't even need the ice. Keeps it from getting watered down. :)
  • sarahjasminebicknell
    sarahjasminebicknell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    freeze bite size chocolate - it takes forever to eat