Frozen Spinach in Smoothie

Options
shinycrazy
shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
I'm on the only one that eats fresh spinach in my home and I can never make it through the large bags in the grocery and the smaller bundles are even still too much. I just like it in my smoothies once in while. Anyone tried frozen spinach? Does it taste different? Does it blend easily? I would think it would blend ok, but I was curious if anyone had tried it! Thanks!

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    With a good blender you should be fine. Frozen spinach will make the drink colder and seem thicker. I prefer it that way myself and that's how i do it all the time.
  • Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I like frozen spinach better than fresh in my smoothies!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I buy the containers of fresh spinach at Costco and the just throw it in the freezer. It's the only kind of spinach I use in my smoothies.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Ive tried it several times, I rarely have fresh spinach in these days i just buy a big bag and freeze it then add to whatever im cooking.
    It blends absolutely fine, it begins to defrost as soon as it leaves the packet so by the time it's in the liquid and ready to blend it's no longer as crystalised.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! I think I'll get the fresh spinach next time and freeze what I don't use right away.