I really need some support/guidance :C

Options
Hi guys. I have really fallen off the wagon the past few weeks. I lost 30 pounds and recently gained four back in just a couple of days somehow, without even eating too bad. To offset it I went back to eating a caloric deficit and I exercised a ton. I thought I would see a pound or two off after two whole weeks of being back on track, but instead, I was up another pound. Now I'm on vacation in Chicago and was so depressed over my weight gain that I've eating absolutely terribly since I've been here and I can feel myself putting on weight rapidly. I worked really hard to get to where I am and now I feel like I have no way of getting back on track and the hopelessness is just making me give in and binge. I get physically sick just looking at my body in the mirror which is probably not mentally healthy, as I have suffered minorly from disordered eating in the past. I'm not sure what I'm looking for with this post but any suggestions, advice, and personal experiences would really make me feel better and get back on track.

Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate the support I get from you all on this site. And as a side note, don't bother looking at my food diary to assess the situation, I've been too miserable to log all of my terrible decision making :(

Replies

• Trishskee
    Trishskee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Everyone slips up, it's part of the ebb and flow associated with weight loss. It's easy to get obsessive about calories using MFP, but maybe try to focus on the various foods and how they make you feel physically. It's great that you are self aware enough to realize you're emotionally eating, so you're well on your way to correcting it.

Because you're in maintenance mode and you lost so much, try to focus on the way your clothes fit. The scale may say you're heavier, but is that muscle or fat? If it were me, I would try to shift focus so I don't lose momentum.
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    :/
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Four lbs could also be the effects of salty high sodium foods, especially if you're eating like crap :/ Just keep at it and remember how you lost the weight in the first place- it takes time but you can do it! Try eating healthier and watching portion sizes- that on it's own will help you to feel better. And remember, you're on vacation, so don't beat yourself up over things.
  • nrz242
    nrz242 Posts: 76
    Options
    You'll be ok, sometimes your body just decides it wants to be at a higher weight and you gain like 3-4 lbs over night, at least that keeps happening to me :) The first thing I check is how much sodium I'm eating, I've learned that for some reason even reduced sodium soy sauce makes me hang on to every ounce I eat. Just get back to it when you can, don't eat your emotions, and just let your body have its own mood swings separately while you rely on the hard work you've already put in - and will continue to put in! :) Good luck
  • MissPandaSquish
    MissPandaSquish Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When you fall down, the only direction to go is up( unless you magically fall in a sink hole ). It is a daily struggle to eat healthy,work out, and have a normal life. Remember the sun rises in the morning,meaning everyday is a new day to start NEW. You mention you binge once, honey I live in the South and everyday is like a temptation to binge on fried foods, and super size portions. It is hard to eat healthy all the time , so I eat healthy Monday- Friday. The weekends I allow myself to eat small snack sizes portions of the food I love. Perhaps if you allow yourself to cheat once a week it can lower the chances of you binge eating. Good luck! and surround yourself with positive people who motivate you.